Toledo, OH
After care: No

Posted July 25, 2013
Notre Dame Academy has been an excellent investment . Our duaghter has grown in such positive ways since her began attending NDA. She has been challenged academically and she has learned to assess her priorities and balance her time. Academically and in terms of poise, respect for others and strong values and character, she definately out paces her peers in the suburban public schools. NDA is strong in athletics, excelling in pretty much every sport offered. Our daughter is happy when she comes home every day, she is excelling academically and in athletics, and she has grown iN very positive ways since starting at Notre Dame. This school has a safe and positive environment, strong teachers and leaders, wonderful young women, and opportunities that other local schools do not offer. We have no regrets and highly recommend NDA.

Posted June 07, 2013
Notre Dame Academy was the best investment my family has ever made for our daughter's education. Both of my daughters benefitted tremendously from their high school experience and have done very well. One has since graduated from college and is working and the second is in college. They have great heads on their shoulders and are confident in new situations. They are strong in their Catholic faith and look back favorably on their Notre Dame education. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a well-rounded Catholic education for their daughter.

Posted June 07, 2013
Notre Dame Academy was the greatest gift my parents could have ever given me. After graduation I came to fully realize how blessed I was to attend such a phenomenal institution. NDA is a well rounded school, excelling in academics (very high ACT/ SAT scores), athletics (several state bound teams per season), and the arts (esteemed performances and several state/ national Speech and Debate students per Speech season). My sisters and all attended NDA and loved every minute of it. They offer courses for all interests and offer honors, AP, and now IB courses to give students an extra push. Student involvement is high and parents are equally as involved. I know parents, including my own, that are still on boards and volunteer on a regular basis even though their daughters have since graduated. Teachers, faculty, and staff are all very friendly and try to establish a relationship with the students they interact with. When I come back to visit, teachers still know me by name. I would never change my decision to attend Notre Dame Academy, and hope incoming parents and students see the value this school offers.

Notre Dame Academy 1

Posted May 18, 2013
I strongly caution parents to thoroughly research this school before giving it serious consideration. It has a good reputation and a great marketing department. It is easy to be "sold" on this school when you visit. However, after spending a year there, my daughter has chosen to leave. She is an excellent student, but was unimpressed with several teachers. Some were simply under qualified, some who used favoritism overtly, and even one who was a complete bully. The leadership is arrogant and acts in ways to alienate parents; they are not interested in partnering with students/parents in the educational process. Simply stated, they don't "walk their talk". Additionally, while strong in athletics, the arts and music programs are very weak. It is very sad that I felt the need to write this review. I do so in the hope that other families will feel led to go into their school search with eyes wide open, ask many questions and perhaps be spared what we have gone through.

Posted March 17, 2013
Excellent teachers, involved parents, graduates admitted to top universities. IB program sets school apart from others in area.

Posted December 05, 2011
No matter your daughter's interests (arts, sports, adademics) Notre Dame has it all. They are the only all girls high school in Ohio with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program. For the fine arts, I have never seen a better arts department and the staff is outstanding. They excel in Speech Team, Dance Team, Choir and all the arts! You name it, NDA has it and the students make it amazing! My daughter loves it and will be well prepared for college and her future beyond school. As far as sports, they have athletes that perform great and many receive college scholarships. All around, a top notch school.

Posted November 27, 2010
My daughter is in 7th grade at the Junior Academy. This is hands down, the best investment that my husband and I could have made. My daughter, who has always had to work hard for her grades, is developing a great deal of self confidence. The principal and staff have put so much extra time and caring into my daughter's education. They understand that she "Learns Differently" than other students. They are not so much about a test score, they truly want every student to master an understanding of the subject matter. If you are considering NDJA, there is not a better placement in Toledo for your daugther. Hands down the best.

Posted April 05, 2009
Excellent education! Best choice my daughter could have ever made!!

Notre Dame Academy 0

Posted December 10, 2008
NDA was a great decision for me. It has an amazing administration, but some of the teachers are very bland. Many of the teachers who think out side of the box are rare. If you want a hard-core college prep school filled with many AP (starting sophomore year) and honors classes, NDA is the absolute best in Toledo. But if you are looking for something a little different you may want to look into other schools. No one school is right for everyone and CAREFUL consideration by the parent AND student needs to take place during your eighth grade year. If you are coming here get ready for an intense academic curriculum! And get involved, because students here are amazing...you want to get to know everyone!

Notre Dame Academy 2

Posted October 31, 2008
Very good school if you are interested in sports. If you are at all interested in the arts -- go to another school. They don't have books in their math class and some of their other core subjects.

Notre Dame Academy