7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Currently, we have 2 daughters attending Notre Dame Academy and have 2 daughters who attend college who graduated from NDA. I can say NDA has helped our daughters grow academically, spiritually, emotionally,... and they are well prepared for college. The faculty and staff have gone above and beyond to make sure the girls succeed in all areas. Our daughters (all above 4.0 gpa) have taken many challenging IB/AP classes and the teachers have been more than willing to go the extra mile to make sure they understand the material and understand that sometimes a students has a special situation that effects her ability to do an assignment in the given time period. Although many of the students who go to NDA are competitive, they are also willing to help each other. I thank God every day that our daughters have the privilege of attending NDA, and for the effort NDA makes to help any student who is academically qualified be able to afford NDA through financial aid.

This school has it's reasons for failure. For one, the academics are not as good as they make it. They don't really challenge as much as you would anticipate. Also, not on,y the academic environment, a student attending cannot go one day without being bullied by either a staff member, faulty member, or student. From my experiences, being a good 4.0 student, I have endured much stress from staff members who did not like my personality. Thus, getting in the way of my academics. Also, home life, being that my siblings also go to similar Catholic schools (St. Johns), the student turns out to be very belligerent at home. The environment seems to influence this. But it's not just my home life. Many friends and other family's have similar complaints as well. For me this year, it has greatly affected my home life with my family. Thus, I had to go. For those looking for. Good education, stick with public high schools. For they provide a student with a stimulating and positive environment as well as honors and AP classes. Thus, NDA is nothing too special, for anyone can get a similar opportunity anywhere else.

Best education, staff and students in town. I am challenged daily, I am excelling in advanced classes and I have the opportunity to work on a daily basis with strong, smart, and friendly students. I would choose to go to NDA all over again.

The education is the best! But, the students are rude to each other. Also, I have noticed staff members can be rude to students for no reason. If you really want to get a good education, but not have the best social life, this school will have it for you.

Notre Dame Academy has been an excellent investment . Our duaghter has grown in such positive ways since her began attending NDA. She has been challenged academically and she has learned to assess her priorities and balance her time. Academically and in terms of poise, respect for others and strong values and character, she definately out paces her peers in the suburban public schools. NDA is strong in athletics, excelling in pretty much every sport offered. Our daughter is happy when she comes home every day, she is excelling academically and in athletics, and she has grown iN very positive ways since starting at Notre Dame. This school has a safe and positive environment, strong teachers and leaders, wonderful young women, and opportunities that other local schools do not offer. We have no regrets and highly recommend NDA.

Notre Dame Academy was the best investment my family has ever made for our daughter's education. Both of my daughters benefitted tremendously from their high school experience and have done very well. One has since graduated from college and is working and the second is in college. They have great heads on their shoulders and are confident in new situations. They are strong in their Catholic faith and look back favorably on their Notre Dame education. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a well-rounded Catholic education for their daughter.

Notre Dame Academy was the greatest gift my parents could have ever given me. After graduation I came to fully realize how blessed I was to attend such a phenomenal institution. NDA is a well rounded school, excelling in academics (very high ACT/ SAT scores), athletics (several state bound teams per season), and the arts (esteemed performances and several state/ national Speech and Debate students per Speech season). My sisters and all attended NDA and loved every minute of it. They offer courses for all interests and offer honors, AP, and now IB courses to give students an extra push. Student involvement is high and parents are equally as involved. I know parents, including my own, that are still on boards and volunteer on a regular basis even though their daughters have since graduated. Teachers, faculty, and staff are all very friendly and try to establish a relationship with the students they interact with. When I come back to visit, teachers still know me by name. I would never change my decision to attend Notre Dame Academy, and hope incoming parents and students see the value this school offers.

I strongly caution parents to thoroughly research this school before giving it serious consideration. It has a good reputation and a great marketing department. It is easy to be "sold" on this school when you visit. However, after spending a year there, my daughter has chosen to leave. She is an excellent student, but was unimpressed with several teachers. Some were simply under qualified, some who used favoritism overtly, and even one who was a complete bully. The leadership is arrogant and acts in ways to alienate parents; they are not interested in partnering with students/parents in the educational process. Simply stated, they don't "walk their talk". Additionally, while strong in athletics, the arts and music programs are very weak. It is very sad that I felt the need to write this review. I do so in the hope that other families will feel led to go into their school search with eyes wide open, ask many questions and perhaps be spared what we have gone through.

Excellent teachers, involved parents, graduates admitted to top universities. IB program sets school apart from others in area.

No matter your daughter's interests (arts, sports, adademics) Notre Dame has it all. They are the only all girls high school in Ohio with the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program. For the fine arts, I have never seen a better arts department and the staff is outstanding. They excel in Speech Team, Dance Team, Choir and all the arts! You name it, NDA has it and the students make it amazing! My daughter loves it and will be well prepared for college and her future beyond school. As far as sports, they have athletes that perform great and many receive college scholarships. All around, a top notch school.

Last modified Notre Dame Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12