K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted January 13, 2016
Thank you for being there for me.. I really am happy that you at least listened to me and tried to help me. But, I'm sorry I had to leave, I had enough of the bullying.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 13, 2016
The effectiveness in this school various from subject to subject, the worst were the obvious, Bible and Math as well (since students there score lower than they should)

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 13, 2016
I feel that adding homework for every subject every day was quite tedious, not all of us are hermits who have nothing to do outside of school.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted January 13, 2016
I believe that it did give us some determination, though we weren't given much motivation back in the Junior High I suggest adding more activities for them!

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted January 13, 2016
Rules were broken constantly, disciplinary issues were happening all the time. Could barely get through a decent class period.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 13, 2016
They did nothing to stop the intense bullying I was facing, the only said it was drama, only for it to continue

Emmanuel Christian School 2

Posted January 13, 2016
This school was..To say the least, was okay at first. But, there were some flaws that need to be addressed. First of all, bullying in this school is intense, it was to the point you would be physically assaulted by students and the staff would do nothing about it. They would simply shrug it off as 'drama' when I could come home with bruises on my body. Then, the whole Bible class part of the school was barely there. Instead, we were taught to be bigots. We were told that Mormons, Catholics, and Jehovah Witnesses were cults, that the pope was the Anti-Christ and many more things instead of the Bible. The only true saving grace about this School is that the music program here is amazing, but aside from that. This school is not the best Christian school out there. Especially since the bullying is extremely intense. I hate to say this, but the bullying hasn't changed much since 2009..

Posted January 26, 2010
The English department is outstanding. It is very creative, and academically sound. Students are well prepared for high scholl when attending three years of Middle scholl at Emmanuel.

Emmanuel Christian School 5

Posted December 22, 2009
At first we were pleased with this school, but as the year continued, we were very disappointed with the behavior of the students and several of the teachers in this school. We alerted the ASCII of our concerns, and we feel it is right to warn other prospective parents of the bullying we have recorded evidence our daughter experienced in this school. Before you enroll your child, we would suggest you ask how they deal with bullying. Perhaps they have improved in this area and have fixed these problems.

Emmanuel Christian School 5

Posted December 01, 2008
We moved to this area and were thrilled to find a quality Christian school for such an affordable price. True, some of the specific 'extras' are not offered but there is plenty to do for someone who truly wants to participate. The sports program is affiliated with a super competive league. Students have gone one to play their sport in college. The music program K-12 is superior. Adacemics are challenging. Students do well after graduating. I especially like the involvement of teachers in my student's life. They underline what is valued at home. The security of the campus is appreciated.

4607 W Laskey Rd, Toledo, OH  43623
Last modified Emmanuel Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-12