Summit Academy Community School-Toledo 4

Posted March 13, 2014
I love this school for my son. Its the only school where the teachers have the patience to handle his social problems and help him build himself up as a person. There are always two teachers per class as well which is wonderful. The only problem is that because of the way they teach, moving him to a different school (should we move, whathaveyou) would be an extremely difficult transition for him. I have no thoughts on leaving though.

Summit Academy Community School-Toledo 4

Posted November 05, 2012
I love this school for my daughter and how they know her behaviors and adjust with her growing. I am going to get more involved in the parent/teacher/staff meetings to be able to voice my opinion on more things.

Summit Academy Community School-Toledo 5

Posted March 10, 2010
Best kept secret in Toledo! All children are allowed to progress academically at his/her rate (for example, my 1st grader is doing 2nd grade math and 4th grade reading). In addition to amazing classroom teachers, they also have full time faculty for music, art, and martial arts. Social skills is an important part of the curriculum. Thank you Summit Academy!

Posted January 27, 2010
I love this school, they put the student 1st always. My son has been given much encouragement and assistance with learning, which is most difficult for him. I have found the school to be very understanding and willing to 'think outside of the box' in order to help a child. My son would have been thrown away in the public school system.

Posted January 26, 2010
I am not impressed with this school. Several teachers belittle students in front of other students. I have witnessed this when visiting the classroom. They are extremely unorganized. I was promised numerous things but have not seen any results. This school does not deliver on what they advertise.

Posted January 27, 2009
Summit is AWESOME. My son's self esteem has blossomed! He is confident, strong and becomming successful. In TPS he was tortured, teased and overlooked by Whittier staff because of his disability. It was very dis-hearting to see. My son now has friends, confidants and a teacher who really cares about her students, and humanity for that matter. You just can't find this level of education anywhere in Toledo , for any child. Thank you Summit and Mr. Aey!

Summit Academy Community School-Toledo 5

Posted January 02, 2008
If it weren't for this school, I don't think either one of my children would be the way they are now. This school has made such a difference in our lives, and are truly worth looking into, if your child has ADHD, or Asperger's. They are respectful, work w/the parents, and most importantly, the children. I have seen them take leaps and bounds to do whatever they may have to, to benefit the child and their education. This is an awesome school - I'm so glad it exists! I love Summit Academy. As long as it's up and running, my kids will go there. :)

Summit Academy Community School-Toledo 3

Posted June 29, 2006
Summit is the one of the charter schools in TPS that has elementary, middle, and high school. Its design to teach grades 1-12, and specializes on ADD and ADHD. I program is new and I personally feel that Summit will be sucessful.

Summit Academy Community School-Toledo
3891 Martha St, Toledo, OH  43609
Last modified Summit Academy Community School-Toledo is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Summit Academy Community School-Toledo Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top