Posted December 01, 2012
I am a Senior right now, and I have attended Horizon since the eighth grade. The teachers are wonderful and help you with everything you need. The class sizes are small. Plus, there are great activities to join like basketball, volleyball, football, track, soccer, bowling, art club, dance, cheerleading, student council, national honors society, etc. I have very good grades and nice friends. I believe more students should enroll. Especially if they plan on going to college because it is a college prep school.

Horizon Science Academy Toledo 1

Posted July 25, 2011
Most of the teachers here are excellent, and I cannot figure out why they are not teaching at a better school. The school seems to have limited resources. The administration seems very unorganized and the teachers seem frustrated in return. It seems as if students are promised a lot that never happens. My student was put on an academic probation because her grades were slightly under a C average. Eventhough she raised her grades up to Bs, she was not allowed to attend prom because she had Cs and Ds earlier in the year. She was robbed of her chance to attend her own prom and other events including the school talent show. The discipline system is more strict than other schools which has been advantageous for my child. I suppose it is necessary because some of the students seem pretty rough and tough. Teachers seemed concerned but often didn't follow through with promised to call or keep me updated on how my daughter was doing. The teachers seemed like they were trying but being stretched to the limited with the challenging students and disorganization of the principal.

Horizon Science Academy Toledo 3

Posted March 25, 2010
i believe the school can use a little improvement with teaching and explaining more information with students

Posted March 25, 2010
By far the best education my dtr has recieved.

Horizon Science Academy Toledo 3

Posted March 25, 2010
I think that somethings should change as far as some of the rules. Bot other than that it a pretty good school.

Posted March 25, 2010
I like this school because it is family oriented and involves the home with school.

Posted March 25, 2010
I like the school the teachers really try to work with the kids. My son will be returning

Posted March 25, 2010
i .like the school because it helped me get my grades up.

Horizon Science Academy Toledo 4

Posted March 04, 2010
The schools can only be as good as the support of the parents. Look at TPS involvement compared to the Suburb schools. With parents who are involved with their students and actually know the teachers, the students can do well and enjoy going to school. It's a small school so the teachers know almost all of the students. They aren't just one of the many where you are just another number.

Horizon Science Academy Toledo
425 Jefferson Ave, Toledo, OH  43604
Last modified Horizon Science Academy Toledo is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horizon Science Academy Toledo Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.