Public charter
Toledo, OH
After care: No

Bennett Venture Academy 4

Posted June 28, 2013
My daughter attends this school and loves her teachers. She has finally had success in Reading/Language Arts this year. Ms. Aldrich is a wonderful teacher and very supportive.

Posted May 13, 2013
Awesome! I could not be happier with the school. My daughter has grown so much in the 1st grade that she is now testing above grade level. The staff and administration are so involved and take a general interest in the success of their students. I am glad to be a part of BVA! Miss Sumner is my daughter's teacher and she is amazing. I always like to give kudos where they are deserved!!!

Posted May 06, 2013
My child was in kindergarten this year and we have had a wonderful experience. Her teacher knows exactly how to challenge her and keep her occupied. She always meets me at pick-up if my daughter had an exceptionally good day or funny story or if there was a rough situation. I know we only have one year's experience, but I feel as though the school reaches out to the parents and families consistently. They hold family dinners and events and the principal will walk the line of cars at pickup to ask how the parents are doing. I believe they are genuinely concerned about the students' welfare and we will be returning. Our second child begins kindergarten next year as well. We are grateful for the positive alternative choice to TPS!

Bennett Venture Academy 4

Posted March 07, 2013
My daughter is starting here for 2013, I find it to be a wonderful school! I personally met the principal & had a long discussion on what I expect from the school, & what they should expect from my child. The Principal was nice, well spoken, and highly educated. Check his credentials, I did! I He showed me the classrooms, let me observe, & I even asked him to show me the curriculum. I needed to know what my child would be learning and if the teachers are qualified to teach her. Everything checked out fine I was not only satisfied but also relieved. The foundation to learning starts at home, you are the first role model & you hold so much more in your home then any teacher can expose your child to! I found the staff to be very helpful and I can t wait for my daughter to broaden her horizons at this school. I have found that with anything in the world you get what you give there is so much negativity in these statements that I can only wonder about the attitudes of these small impressionable children, its highly disappointing. The school is great, every school has some bumps in the road, not one is perfect and remember, there is always the option of disenrollment....

Posted October 09, 2012
the new principal at this school is a real a$$ , he talks down to women thinking he's always right, but I got his number. when it comes to the6-8 gr. PLEASE TAKE THEM OUT OF THIS SCHOOL!!!!! I had my child signed up in another school, she wanted to stay at Bennett why...so she can be with her friends, not good at all.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 06, 2012
their scores are low and the teachers seem to have a stick up their a$$. the only reason why my husbands two kids go there was because it was a last resort. they dont have there stuff together and everything changes in a blink of an eye. once things get straightened out with the courts with them, we are switching them to another school. NO stars

Bennett Venture Academy 2

Posted August 28, 2011
It started out great but then it just got rather worse. I would like to see a better plan set in this school. I also see too much change in this school.

Posted August 07, 2011
The old saying goes, "do not judge a book by it's cover." This saying could not be more true when pertaining to BVA. The cover (building) look wonderful from the outside. However, once you actually get into the story (the "real" school), you will soon discover it reads as a horror story full of a horrific incompetent administration lead by the ruthless villian herself(the principal). This is one book I would leave on the shelve.

Posted April 18, 2011
It amazes me how quickly negative comments pertaining to this school are deleted. In some cases it is within twenty-four hours or less. This leads one to conclude that someone from administration is monitoring this site. The administration is lousy to say the least. The majority of teachers are inexperienced and in fact some of them are not even licensed in the subject areas they are teaching. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 07, 2011
BVA is a very good school. The curiculum is above average and I can say that they really do challenge each child to achieve. The communication system that they have in place is awesome. The fact that I am never surprise during report card time because their grade are available online and I can address any issue and recieve a response in a timely manner. If you live in this community, expect your child to be challenge each day. Ultimately it is up to the parent to continue the routine that is instiled in the classroom.

Bennett Venture Academy
5130 Bennett Rd, Toledo, OH  43612
Last modified Bennett Venture Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bennett Venture Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top