Bad
Good

I really enjoy Bennett Venture Academy for my son. They do a great job at individualizing homework for each student even if they are in the same class. They work with each students rate of learning and help the ones who need help a little more and challenge the ones who pick It up a little easier. I helps a lot to know your child is not struggling or bored in class because we all know that can cause issues in the classroom.

My school is the best school in the 43612 area. My children get the attention they need and deserve. I am glad that I switched my children from Longfellow to Bennett. It was the best decision I ever made. My son is ADHD, and ODD, so when he enter the school his grades were low, and now with the excellent staff he is now a B- studuent. As a parent who wouldn't want that for their children. My children and I love Bennett and will attend this school until they are in High school.

My daughter attends this school and loves her teachers. She has finally had success in Reading/Language Arts this year. Ms. Aldrich is a wonderful teacher and very supportive.

Awesome! I could not be happier with the school. My daughter has grown so much in the 1st grade that she is now testing above grade level. The staff and administration are so involved and take a general interest in the success of their students. I am glad to be a part of BVA! Miss Sumner is my daughter's teacher and she is amazing. I always like to give kudos where they are deserved!!!

My child was in kindergarten this year and we have had a wonderful experience. Her teacher knows exactly how to challenge her and keep her occupied. She always meets me at pick-up if my daughter had an exceptionally good day or funny story or if there was a rough situation. I know we only have one year's experience, but I feel as though the school reaches out to the parents and families consistently. They hold family dinners and events and the principal will walk the line of cars at pickup to ask how the parents are doing. I believe they are genuinely concerned about the students' welfare and we will be returning. Our second child begins kindergarten next year as well. We are grateful for the positive alternative choice to TPS!

My daughter is starting here for 2013, I find it to be a wonderful school! I personally met the principal & had a long discussion on what I expect from the school, & what they should expect from my child. The Principal was nice, well spoken, and highly educated. Check his credentials, I did! I He showed me the classrooms, let me observe, & I even asked him to show me the curriculum. I needed to know what my child would be learning and if the teachers are qualified to teach her. Everything checked out fine I was not only satisfied but also relieved. The foundation to learning starts at home, you are the first role model & you hold so much more in your home then any teacher can expose your child to! I found the staff to be very helpful and I can t wait for my daughter to broaden her horizons at this school. I have found that with anything in the world you get what you give there is so much negativity in these statements that I can only wonder about the attitudes of these small impressionable children, its highly disappointing. The school is great, every school has some bumps in the road, not one is perfect and remember, there is always the option of disenrollment....

the new principal at this school is a real a$$ , he talks down to women thinking he's always right, but I got his number. when it comes to the6-8 gr. PLEASE TAKE THEM OUT OF THIS SCHOOL!!!!! I had my child signed up in another school, she wanted to stay at Bennett why...so she can be with her friends, not good at all.

their scores are low and the teachers seem to have a stick up their a$$. the only reason why my husbands two kids go there was because it was a last resort. they dont have there stuff together and everything changes in a blink of an eye. once things get straightened out with the courts with them, we are switching them to another school. NO stars

It started out great but then it just got rather worse. I would like to see a better plan set in this school. I also see too much change in this school.

The old saying goes, "do not judge a book by it's cover." This saying could not be more true when pertaining to BVA. The cover (building) look wonderful from the outside. However, once you actually get into the story (the "real" school), you will soon discover it reads as a horror story full of a horrific incompetent administration lead by the ruthless villian herself(the principal). This is one book I would leave on the shelve.

Last modified Bennett Venture Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.