Bad
Good

Trotwood-Madison High School 2

Posted January 24, 2013
I am very disappointed with Trotwood. The district has developed a 50% policy, which is not helping the students get prepared for college AT ALL. Whether you do your assignment or not, the students are automatically given 50%. With little or no effort students can pass with a 61% for virtually doing nothing. Secondly, the theory behind not giving homework is that "students don't do it anyway", which has been quoted to me by various teachers! On the contrary, there are some really good teachers that are willing to go the extra mile WHEN a parent/guardian solicits extra help. As a parent of a child in Trotwood ( or any school for that matter) you have to stay involved, check ProgressBook, attend parent/teacher conferences etc. Updated grades in ProgressBook has been an ongoing issue for me as we'll because some teachers don't input grades but 1-2 times a quarter which doesn't give you a clear picture of your child's progress. I'm struggling with not pulling my child out next year, but he'll be a senior and will have a tough time adjusting.

Posted October 30, 2012
In my opinion Trotwood is not a good school. The teachers do not assign homework, i think they all talk and no action. It seems like all they care about is behavior, they constantly suspend kids.

Trotwood-Madison High School 5

Posted November 02, 2007
In my opioion Trotwood is a great school. I enjoy going there. Most of our teachers are good at what they do. The students for the most part are very respectful to the teachers, staff and the building itself. We also have a great sports program. I have enjoyed going there and cant wait to get out!

Posted November 05, 2006
Trotwood is a good school to me.in my opinion we have some teachers who just come for the paycheck but most of them are really good teachers ex. Ms. Robinson,Mr. Haupt, Mr. Wayt,Ms. Brown, Ms. Acton, Ms. Bebo,and many more!. I love our extracurricular activites. Also I see clicks but it seems like all the clicks interact with all the other clicks...were all one in that school and i really do like being a RAM!!!!

Posted January 22, 2006
Trotwood is stepping up their game plan as far as setting the standards. We are in our first year of opening our brand new high school facility. I am currently a senior at Trotwood and the academics can be challenging.One of our graduation requirements is to perform a senior project. We are one of the only schools in the are that require it. In my opinion, Trotwood is the best majority black school in and around the Dayton area that prepares underprivalaged black young adults for college. However, anyone from all races are welcome. The main focus is an education and Trotwood's plan is '100% student success'

Trotwood-Madison High School 3

Posted August 09, 2005
I believe Trotwood is continuously improving. I am very proud of our progress and glad to have a new facility. Tests scores are rising and things are getting much better.

Posted January 06, 2005
Being former Senior Class President from the class of 2004, I agree wtih Davida Lopez in saying that controlling your child begins at home. The other comments were offensive. If you are wondering why Trotwood is in Academic Watch, its because some of the students don't take their education seriously. School is what you make of it. True enough, the teachers are suppose to teach you, but we (as students) are suppose to teach ourselves as well. We need to quit blaming everyone else for our personal mistakes. I just graduated in 2004, and I now attend Kent State Univeristy with an academic scholarship, and I have a 3.650 average(on the Dean's List). So, I know for sure that its a personal problem. If you want my opinion, start controlling and teaching at home, and the non-sense, and suspensions will stop in the school. Trotwood has many honors and AP classes, and they also have several activities to become involved in. With more involvement and more maturity, the academics of Trotwood will begin to rise. I personally liked the students at Trotwood and the teachers are very in touch with the students that reach out to them. It takes two to tango. Remember that! -Preston D. Mitchum, 2004 President

Trotwood-Madison High School 3

Posted September 11, 2004
I am a former student of this school and the previous reviews offended the education that I did receive from this school. Personally, I believe education should be a cooperative effort between the school and the home. If these students that are getting suspended don't come into the school with a readiness to learn then that creates a poor learning enviornment for everyone else. No Child Left Behind should not just be placed on a teacher's shoulder.

Posted August 02, 2004
This school is not a good school at all because the teachers don't teach they just talk about behavior problems and they are to woried about suspending students than teaching them how to learn properly. I don't think its an good decision to put any bodys child in this school because he/she will not get the proper education that they need. The teachers are all about talk but no action is being taken place in the learning part. So plaese try to send your child some place else where they will get an learning experience. Please take the advice given to you.

Posted March 02, 2004
this school is not at all good they contiue to suspend students back to back and then wonder and complain about why they are in academic emergency.

Trotwood-Madison High School
4440 North Union Rd, Trotwood, OH  45426
Last modified Trotwood-Madison High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.