Bad
Good

We have had a very pleasant experience here at Concord. Our child attended grades 1 - 5th. All teachers in all grades are very caring and the communication between them and the parents is very good. If you are an involved parent who is interested in your kids academic future this is the Elementary to be out of the 6 in the Troy School District. I feel that my child is ready for Middle school, academically and mentally. If your student is considered gifted, testing is being done and he or she may attend a separate program, called GATE; in higher grades they attend 1 day a week, in lower grades it's half a day. Also enrichment classes in Math or Reading are available. The new principal, Mr. Hake who is in his 2nd year has done a wonderful job to make a lot of positive changes within the school, ranging from students' safety at drop off and pick up as well as dealing with bullying situations. He is very interested in each student's well being and is always present by checking in on students in their classrooms and making sure everything goes smoothly. It was a wonderful experience and we have a lot of happy memories to keep!

My children started attending Concord Elementary 5 yrs ago and we didn't have one problem until my daughter's 5th grade year. Unfortunately the 5th grade teachers were difficult to work with and when my daughter started experiencing being bullied by another student nothing ever happened to instill the safety of my child. The principle was involved but she also did nothing to ensure the safety of my child, not to mention there is no bullying policy. Finally the superindendent got involved and made the necessary changes but the staff had already singled out my child. We did end up having to pull her out of school because she wasn't safe from the bully or the staff (5th grade/custodian). Thankfully the principle is retiring this year but the damage has been done and the message was sent that bullies would be empowered and victims would be left w/o any help from any adult. Hopefully the new principle will bring positive change. I do love Concord (all teachers from K-4, very excellent) and haven't had any issue up until the 5th grade and then I got a different taste of what the inner workings of the school can truly be. It's sad and I pray there's change for the better.

We moved here last year and were worried about our daughter fitting back in with the new surroundings and all. She was in 3rd grade and the teachers and staff were wonderful. Everyone was very nice to the entire family, and we couldn't be happier with the results our daughter has been able to accomplish, especially since she is extremely shy. She was a little behind at the start of the year from her previous school, but was able to catch up and surpass our expectations. Thank you so much.

Last modified Concord Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.