Bad
Good

Having worked in a variety of educational settings as a consultant, I am especially impressed by the education levels, knowledge, and work ethic of the staff. The early childhood program is excellent in comparison with most that I have observed. The diversity of the families is such an asset for everyone. Great life experience to have from preschool on... Should be viewed as a positive!

My son went to all day preschool at Gearity last year and my daughter is there this year. They both LOVE the school and the teachers. The tuition for all day is $720 a month, 7am to 6pm. They cover math, art, music etc. Always a note from teacher in the folder... Can't ask for more!

Both of my children are currently enrolled in the Pre-K program and I must say how happy I am with the program. In addition to the stimulating and fun classroom environment, my children have access to numerous "extras" regularly found at the elementary level (i.e. library, gym time, special programs/assemblies, etc.) The staff is excellent and seem to know all students by name, even when they are not a child's assigned teacher. The building is also extremely open to parental involvement with numerous volunteer opportunities throughout the year. Unlike a previous poster, I have nothing but praise for the curriculum. It is much more than just arts and crafts and math, writing, etc. are indeed taught in a fun and enjoyable manner. Also, excellent, excellent communication with parents - I know exactly what my kids are learning on a weekly basis. Great school with a great staff and great Pre-K program!

The pre-k program is a joke.... I was told that they would be learning math, wrinting... but all they do is arts and crafts. The teachers are nice.

My older son attended Gearity K-5 and my younger one is currently a fourth grader. They have both had nothing but wonderful experiences here - my older son sobbed his eyes out at fifth grade graduation. The teachers really care about all the students, and the principal is a phenomenal leader. The lab partnership with John Carroll creates other learning venues, and there are many great extracurricular options. My boys are white in a majority black school, but have made so many wonderful friends here - black, white, boy, girl, low income, high income. I wholeheartedly recommend this school to anyone.

The principal and teachers at Gearity really take the time to get to know each individual student and then use what they know to help each child learn to the best of his/her potential. Two of my favorite things that Gearity offers are the orchestra program and enrichment for gifted students.

My daughter is really excelling...she loves it at Gearity.

We love Gearity. We miss it very much now that we've had to move into the Amherst School District. All the staff know the students by name. The teachers make learning inventive and fun! The instrumental music program is excellent! Not many districts can compare.

Last modified Lauree P Gearity Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.