Posted April 10, 2014
There is no recruiting for sports because the coaches are just ridiculous and stick with favorites, but what are they going to do when those favorites graduate? Oh yeah, complain. Because that's what they always do. Compare and complain.

Vermilion High School 1

Posted June 29, 2012
This school has no strong academic programs at all, inflated lunch prices, what else is there?

Posted November 30, 2010
BEWARE! My family moved here from Missouri and were not aware of the changes being made to the schools. K-2 are together in one building, which is fine.. but they combined 4th-7th in the middle school and put the 8th graders in the highschool. I was told it was because of "low attendance" and budget cuts, yet each child from 7th to 12th grade just received a Macbook laptop this year, which has proven to be NOTHING but a distraction to the children. My daughter who attends the highschool began to have some behavior/academic issues, and I was treated like a nuisance by the "guidance counselor" and I use that term loosely, and got very little response from the teachers and administration until I contacted the Board of Education. To make matters worse, my son needs some additional help with reading and the school did nothing but drag their feet on follow through and putting together a plan (at my initiation, NOT theirs). Now, because of the poor quality of the education we have experienced so far, we have to consider moving again after just moving cross country earlier this year. A complete tragedy of a school system. I would NOT recommend it for any family.

Posted July 02, 2010
My children are very happy and educated students. I am very satisfied of what they are doing to the building also.

Posted April 15, 2010
I graduated from VHS 5 years ago, and I am considering sending my children to Vermilion schools. I had an overall good experience in the Vermilion school system. Since it isnt a huge town or school, everyone pretty much knew everyone, which was nice. The main negative thing I can say is that when it comes to any kind of sports or extra curricular activity, the schools are very political. I saw a comment saying how good the soundsations etc are, and this is true. But its also true that it takes talent to get into these programs, as well as being part of a wealthy, known family. If you don't, you better cross your fingers to get past the tryout process.

Posted February 01, 2010

Posted September 28, 2009
I believe the principal is very nice and careing. He is he rest why i am a great student and did so great all four years at this high school. He believes in all his students and you are just probly a parent who dont know much at all and your student probly gets in trouble and the principal did he job. unlike most prinicpal in our area

Posted September 07, 2009
Could do better to get all kids involved in activities, much division and 'clicks' among students. I did well there but was introverted and never felt a part of anything, now my oldest is a student and feeling the same way and he is special needs to boot. Principal needs to learn to take kids aside to encourage them (not browbeat) to do well. My principal was a real 'buddy' type of person, much loved and respected, not like current principal who is hateful much of the time. He rules by intimidation and i worry my quiet kid could never go to a guy like that if he needed to.

Posted November 03, 2008

Posted October 22, 2008
I've been going to Vermilion since I was in kindergarden, i'm a freshman right now and i have loved the school system and the facuilty. Vermilion has a great choral program and extraciricular activites. Soundsation is one of the most exciting things i've done in my life. Thanks Vermilion keep supporting students like us

Vermilion High School
1250 Sanford St, Vermilion, OH  44089
Last modified Vermilion High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vermilion High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews.