Howland Middle School 0

Posted August 18, 2009
I've had two children at Howland Midle School. I agree that some of the teachers will label a student and target them unfairly. I will not vote for levys or volunteer anymore either. As a taxpayer (and teacher in a neighboring district), I am horrified that teaching positions in Howland are going to relatives of current employees and not the best qualified candidates.

Howland Middle School 4

Posted May 02, 2008
I attended this school for two years. I'd say my educational experience was pretty solid- however, when I went to another school district with stronger academics it was somewhat of an adjustment. Sports do recieve a high level of precedence, but I was involved in academics and music and had a good time in both. I did sometimes feel weird for not playing a sport, and there were some cliques, but I eventually became more social. I had some good teachers along the way. Not every class was a challenge, but many teachers did encourage me to raise the bar. This was several years ago, but overall I'd say my experience was ok, though there were some bumpy spots along the way. There were some politics and social issues, for sure, but this was one of the better schools in the area when I attended, and hopefully it's still that way.

Howland Middle School 1

Posted March 06, 2008

Posted March 01, 2008
most teachers are great and the things we do are so fun!

Posted November 08, 2005
A great school for ethnic families.

Posted October 01, 2005
i love this school it isa great place and i hope that very child gos here because of the outstanding curriculim and the ammazing teachers who inspire children to do their personal best and encourage them no matter how long or how long it takes to help that particular child in subjects that can't particularly grasp and advancing them in subjects they work hard in and find joy in

Howland Middle School 3

Posted September 16, 2004
The teachers and administrations tell parents if you have a problem please come and talk to us. What I have discovered is that when you do you are labeled a troublemaker parent. Just because they don't think that your concern is not a real problem, they dismiss it. Doesn't your child's point of view matter. No! Parents still need to stand up for their kids. I know for a fact that there are problems with a few teachers in this school district. Our kids are going to afraid to go to school. Our kids should respect their teachers, but some of these teachers and administrators don t deserve it. I won t be selling any candy, magazine or voting for any levy - you can count on that. I have had it! I'll do what I need to do for my kids on an individual basis in their classes and nothing else.

Howland Middle School 4

Posted January 30, 2004
As a parent I am not happy with some of the teachers (two to be exact) at the middle school level. They seem to be the worse teachers in the system. I now have 3 of my 4 children that are currently in there or have gone through HMS. It has been the same experience for each of them, especially the 8th grade teachers.

Howland Middle School
8100 South St SE, Warren, OH  44484
Last modified Howland Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Howland Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.