West Carrollton, OH

Posted August 23, 2012
The year round calendar sets this school apart but also the quality teachers and the emphasis on teaching the kids character traits needed to succeed as well as math and writing. I'm always happy to tell people about our school and there are always lots of questions regarding the unconventional calendar (which we love).

Harold Schnell Elementary School

Posted July 23, 2009
This is the best school around. The teachers care about every student and the building is probably on of the cleanest schools around the whole dayton area. I have been in some pretty dirty schools. They always make the parents feel comfortable. A++

Posted August 31, 2007
I think Harold schnell Elementary is a great school. My son is in the second grade. Have been very pleased with the school. Being year round is great. I think all schools should go year round. My youngest son will be starting preschool at ECC elementary.It's like Harold Schnell says 'Every day is a great day'.

Posted June 28, 2007
Harold Schnell is an excellent elementary school. The teachers are highly skilled and work hard to bring out the best in each child. The principal is kind and knows each child by name. She is a great example of a leader. I have been very pleased with the year-round calendar and with the caring atmosphere. I would highly recommend this school.

Harold Schnell Elementary School 4

Posted May 09, 2007
I was a little disappointed with Schnell. Overall I think they are the best elementary school in the district, but I also think that the classrooms are too cluttered and I can see how that would be distracting. I know the teachers care about the students, but sometimes they get a little over bearing if a student is having some difficulty which only makes the child feel more stressed out. Overall I am happy, but I had pretty high expectations because of everything I had heard and feel a little let down.

Posted June 14, 2006
Harold Schnell provides a top notch education as well as a flexible calendar. It is the only elementary school in the district to offer the year round school calendar. The five week break in the summer is just perfect. It does not allow the student to forget their math and reading skills while still affording them the ability to enjoy the summer vacation. The leadership within the school is also the very best available. The principle and staff go out of their way to make each child feel important. They assist when there is a problem and most of all they care. There is discipline while not being an overly disciplinarian atmosphere. Learning is their objective, not breaking the spirit of the child. They offer hands on learning while giving the child a chance to show off their abilities to parents, staff, and outside organizations.

Posted May 26, 2006
Harold Schnell is a phenomenal school. All of my daughter's teachers (Priest,O'Brien,Pfiffner) have been outstanding, and the principal (Gardecki)is extremely involved and a very positive leader. The teachers are very aware of each child's ability level, and challenge them accordingly. We really like the year-round schedule, and hope the whole school district will switch over at some point. I rate this school an A++++++++!

Harold Schnell Elementary School 4

Posted March 07, 2006
Harold Schnell is probably the best grade school in West Carrollton and at the top of the list in the Miami Valley. Their 'year-round' approach to schooling keeps academics in front of the children on a more regular basis and is also convenient from a scheduling perspective. The teacher to studen ratio is acceptable and the teachers are very engaged.

Harold Schnell Elementary School 2

Posted October 21, 2004
I found that my child's teacher does not communicate well. I did not appreciate finding out difficiencies during the parent-teacher conference when they may have been addressed before a break. The classrooms are cluttered with 'stuff' I think the classroom enviroment must be distracting to young children with all the clutter. I do beleive the people care and wish to see the children succeed, however with llmited funds and high property taxes to support the school, there are certaily better choices in the area.

Posted May 26, 2004
I love having my son in Harold Schnell! My other children who are now in high school also attended. They genuinely care about the kids, and I've never known another building principal who has known every single student by name! The art, gym and music teachers are very creative and give the children a wide variety of experiences. Even the custodians make a point of being kind and friendly with the children. The year-round schedule is great and it helps the kids retain what they have learned and keeps them from getting bored. At Schnell, it's a great day everyday!

Harold Schnell Elementary School
5995 Student St, West Carrollton, OH  45449
Last modified Harold Schnell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harold Schnell Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top