Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

~ I love that there is a separate school for the little ones, which is just wonderful!

My child is in 1st grade at Creekside. I could not be happier with his teacher and the school. He has come so far so fast! The staff is approachable and friendly, and welcome parents to come and observe anytime, and I cannot say enough good things about the teacher, Mr. Smearsoll!

I love the environment at Creekside. They are so supportive of the families and the students. I have a daughter who moved to elementary from here and a son on an IEP who is still here. Both made strong academic gains while attending. The principal is always visible in the halls and has a lot of great programs to reward good behavior. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged (I volunteered today). I am sad this will be our last year at this school.

All three of my children have attended Creekside ECS. My oldest son is special needs, and although the intake and admissions process for him was difficult, once he was placed with his teachers and aides they were fantastic and I cannot say enough about how wonderful they are, particularly Emily DeSalvo. My other children have had fabulous teachers and I believe they are getting a decent education. However, since the turnover in the administration a few years ago, I have been disappointed in the quality of the school to the point where I can hardly wait for my last child to move up to elementary school - the new principal and his policies has made going to school a chore, prohibits parent involvement in the classroom, and make my children feel like they are "under guard" all the time.

Creekside is a fabulous school. The staff genuinely care about the students in their care. I've had nothing but wonderful experience at this school. I wish schools had been like this when I was a child!

Both of my children attended this school. My son was there for 2 years of preschool and then kindergarten. My daughter attended kindergarten and first grade there. It is an excellent school. We loved all of the teachers our children had and they were very prepared for their next educational experience. My children also left there with a great attitude and excitement regarding school.

I sent my child here who has since been recognized as gifted and we had a very positive experience. However, when I sent my other child who has special needs to this school, it was a very stressful experience dealing with the team of people who are involved in the evaluation process. It took 4 months from my first phone call until he was finally place in a classroom. Messages simply were not returned, for 1 1/2 months until I requested to talk to superiors. Claims were they were so busy. School personnel and members of upper administration think they have the authority to make medical diagnoses which they do not. My experience was very frustrating and unprofessional. However, once he was in a class at Shawnee which was a satellite, his teachers and therapists were unbelievable and wonderful.

This school is amazing. It is an early childhood school and it really pays attention to the needs of the children. Both of my children attended this school and they came out of there ready to take on the bigger elementary school.

Last modified Creekside Early Childhood School is a Public school that serves grades PK-1