West Chester, OH
Students enrolled: 2,600

Posted May 11, 2013
When i first entered Lakota West when i was in 10th grade, the energy was was wild! (in a good way.) the students were laughing, joking around and having fun in the hallways between classes and before/after school. The teachers are AWESOME!! teachers interacted with other students, they also come with a good attitude to school. the teachers are understandable and finding a way to make education fun not just for students, for other as well. the principle has wonderful leadership and goals for students and staff. i enjoy going to this school.

Posted April 15, 2012
Overall very good high school. Lots of offerings. Plenty of AP and Honors classes to challenge kids. Communication is excellent. The administration has done an OUTSTANDING job given the mediocre funding support from the community.

Posted March 16, 2011
I attended Lakota West For 10th-12th grade and was lucky enough to be enrolled in mostly AP and honors classes, which is where I think they assign the most dedicated teachers, and I feel that those teachers contributed the most to education. In areas where honors or AP classes weren't offered, my so-called "college prep" classes, the teachers seemed unmotivated and I felt that I learned very little. I got straight A's throughout high school without much effort-the vast majority of the school is on the honor roll. I was unprepared when I went to a university and actually had to study, since I had never learned how to do so. I believe many of the teachers are wonderful, but the school as a whole doesn't necessarily prepare students for a college environment, except for a few special cases. The program is better than many, but the good teachers are underpaid and as the district grows the system is becoming weaker and more strained for resources.

Lakota West High School 3

Posted January 12, 2010
I went to this school 10th through 12th grade. It was hit or miss with your classes. Some teachers were really great and did their best to really get to the students while others barley taught anything and you were lucky if you learned what you needed for the next class you were taking.

Lakota West High School 5

Posted October 20, 2009
Lakota West has the best women's soccer team and English department I have ever seen.

Lakota West High School 1

Posted May 16, 2009

Lakota West High School 0

Posted April 29, 2009
i think this is the best school in ohio a-1 on the kids learning

Lakota West High School 5

Posted March 03, 2009
I loved everything about this school. The teachers, the students, and staff were all really great for my two years in public school.

Lakota West High School 0

Posted November 30, 2007
What a wonderful environment and excellent teaching staff!

Lakota West High School 2

Posted January 12, 2007
We moved to the West Chester area from northern New Jersey in August. I have two sons attending this school, one junior and one sophomore. Since we moved here, I noticed them putting in very little effort and achieving A grades, a big grade difference from what they were recieving in their old public school. The school district has been raved about, but I'm just not seeing what the big deal is all about. It maybe be the fact that Jersey schools are more difficult, but I'm not seeing my sons getting the 'great education' I was promised.

Lakota West High School
8940 Union Centre Blvd, West Chester, OH  45069
Last modified Lakota West High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakota West High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top