Posted January 26, 2014
My son loves this school and we couldn't be happier with his growth there. Everyone is great ,we feel very lucky to have our son here.

Posted November 20, 2013
i went there myself and i was in the all girls class its a wonderful school u should send your kids there because it is a great plave to learn

Posted April 22, 2013
Hanby is a unique school and should be recognized as such. I have two children and both have attended Hanby. The first was in the gifted program, which was Fantastic! My second child attended the standard program at Hanby and has had a very fulfilling education. The principal is outstanding and the majority of the teachers are as well. No, it's not a science and math magnet school, but it does take an individual approach to each child and really focuses on preparing a thinking, self-aware and self-confident student. I am glad my children attended Hanby and would gladly recommend it to other parents.

Posted May 06, 2012
We are disappointed as well with the lack of academic rigour. It has been a very disappointing year for our family.

Posted March 21, 2012
My daughter is a 1st grader here. After coming to the conclusion that our local elementary school was not going to give her the attention or education that she needs, my wife and I decided to try and get into the Magnet program here. My wife is an artist and our daughter has a love for art. Selecting Hanby Magnet was a no-brainer. Since the time she has been there her reading has moved up 5 levels since the start of the school year. She absolutely adores her teacher, and the principal. She has even joined a few of the extracurricular activities. The staff here are awesome, and the communication is open and direct. I have no words for how involved the parents are here. I would almost describe the PTA here as rabid for their school. Unfortunately, it looks like the Magnet program will be ended soon due to budget constraints. That said, it looks like we will need to find another option for our daughters continuing education.

Posted June 03, 2011
Our 3 children have all received an outstanding education at Hanby. We have a gifted child, a child with physical disabilities, and a child with reading difficulties. All our children's need have not only been met but each has been individually addressed and have had tremendous growth. The teachers are confident, compassionate, and caring and are more than willing to provide what's best for our children. They communicate well and welcome parent input and involvement. Art integration is superior and enhances the curriculum. The atmosphere is one of community, support, encouragement, and challenge. We are more than pleased with our children's experience at Hanby.

Posted April 20, 2011
Hanby sells itself as a funky and fun learning environment for kids. It might be both, but it lacks leadership and academic rigor. There is little structure and discipline in this building and 1st grade is packed with 26 kids in tiny classrooms with weak teachers. I know someone who worked there as a lunch duty aide who was pushed to the ground by two fifth graders who were given a stern verbal warning! This school has some major discipline problems and I heard there was a child who was expelled from Whittier for behavior problems who now attends Hanby. My daughter went to Hanby for two months (after being admitted from another Magnet school wait list) and after two months of very low academics and lots of "enrichment," her only comment was "at Hanby, they treat the kids like rats." There are plenty of involved parents at Hanby, and they seem enthusiastic about the building.

Posted September 04, 2009

Posted July 21, 2008

Posted May 27, 2008
It is by far the coolest, most fun, and educational schools that a child could attend. (In my opinion)

Hanby Building Elementary School
56 South State St, Westerville, OH  43081
Last modified Hanby Building Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hanby Building Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.