Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)

Posted April 18, 2016
Her teachers and the staff have worked hard to help my daughter succeed. She was pretty far behind before attending school here due to her ADD problems. They have all kinds of extra things for the kids to learn as well throughout the year. This year was crochet and oragami. My daughter loves that art has been incorporated into her everyday schedule. She will definitely be attending next year. Such a fantastic program.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 20, 2015
Taught my child how to organize her time with enough and sometimes a lot of homework. But that's a good thing.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 20, 2015
I have found that most of the kids that come out of Hanby are respectful, kind, and courteous.

Posted November 20, 2015
Great teachers, great PTA,and curriculum is fantastic. I like how lol classes/grades prepared kids for speaking in front of the class. Such confidence in the Hanby kids!

Posted January 26, 2014
My son loves this school and we couldn't be happier with his growth there. Everyone is great ,we feel very lucky to have our son here.

Posted November 20, 2013
i went there myself and i was in the all girls class its a wonderful school u should send your kids there because it is a great plave to learn

Posted April 22, 2013
Hanby is a unique school and should be recognized as such. I have two children and both have attended Hanby. The first was in the gifted program, which was Fantastic! My second child attended the standard program at Hanby and has had a very fulfilling education. The principal is outstanding and the majority of the teachers are as well. No, it's not a science and math magnet school, but it does take an individual approach to each child and really focuses on preparing a thinking, self-aware and self-confident student. I am glad my children attended Hanby and would gladly recommend it to other parents.

Hanby Building Elementary School 1

Posted May 06, 2012
We are disappointed as well with the lack of academic rigour. It has been a very disappointing year for our family.

Posted March 21, 2012
My daughter is a 1st grader here. After coming to the conclusion that our local elementary school was not going to give her the attention or education that she needs, my wife and I decided to try and get into the Magnet program here. My wife is an artist and our daughter has a love for art. Selecting Hanby Magnet was a no-brainer. Since the time she has been there her reading has moved up 5 levels since the start of the school year. She absolutely adores her teacher, and the principal. She has even joined a few of the extracurricular activities. The staff here are awesome, and the communication is open and direct. I have no words for how involved the parents are here. I would almost describe the PTA here as rabid for their school. Unfortunately, it looks like the Magnet program will be ended soon due to budget constraints. That said, it looks like we will need to find another option for our daughters continuing education.

Posted June 03, 2011
Our 3 children have all received an outstanding education at Hanby. We have a gifted child, a child with physical disabilities, and a child with reading difficulties. All our children's need have not only been met but each has been individually addressed and have had tremendous growth. The teachers are confident, compassionate, and caring and are more than willing to provide what's best for our children. They communicate well and welcome parent input and involvement. Art integration is superior and enhances the curriculum. The atmosphere is one of community, support, encouragement, and challenge. We are more than pleased with our children's experience at Hanby.

56 South State St, Westerville, OH  43081
Last modified Hanby Building Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK, 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.