Whittier Elementary School 5

Posted February 19, 2014
This school has a great program for learning disabled/special education students. The teachers are always kind and friendly, even if the office staff is sometimes a bit cranky. I'm honestly surprised this school doesn't have a 10 rating. It's done wonders for my son, who has aspergers, and I'm about to try and enroll my other kids there.

Whittier Elementary School 0

Posted May 07, 2010
Whittier is a very good school with talented and positive teachers and staff. I have had kids at Whittier the past two years with the new principal, Kim Woosley, and the school is really flourishing. Ms. Woosley is a great principal and it is clear that Whittier is moving in the right direction under her leadership. I love this friendly and diverse school. It is a great size and almost everyone in the building seems to know my kids' names. Whittier loses families to the magnet schools in the district, partially because many magnets are in Whittier's attendance area, but this just makes for a smaller class sizes and a tight knit community. Several of Whittier's teachers are excellent and all are above average. The small size enables students to have their needs addressed and met. Both of my kids have been offered opportunities for enrichment and acceleration. We love it.

Whittier Elementary School 0

Posted February 07, 2010
My child's teacher is very focused and organized. My child was offered free tutoring twice weekly for two months. The school arranged for some of the regular teachers to come in an hour before or after school to help kids catch up in reading/math. There is an appropriate amount of homework per grade level. The principal is highly visable, very approachable and appears to know most children and parents by name. Few parents seem to come to the class parties in my child's class, however. This school received the highest rating on the state report card out of all the elementary schools in its district this past year! An impressive, excellent school completely focused on academics. Tae kwon do classes are offered after school periodically (a month of classes for $20, all the money goes to the PTA) Very nice hayride in the fall, movie nights, etc. Thumbs up!

Whittier Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2009
The staff at Whittier Elementary is outstanding. My daughter is in Mrs. Teeters 4th grade class and has shown marked improvement. We love the school and the staff and will be sending our son there as well.

Whittier Elementary School
130 East Walnut St, Westerville, OH  43081
Last modified Whittier Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Whittier Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top