Mcvay Elementary School 2

Posted June 01, 2010
My son is being going to McVay since 2008 School Year. He had a great techer in 3rd Grade Mrs. Romero. Moving forward to 4th Grade 2009-2010 his teacher was terrible during this school year. I don't think some teachers in this school knows what they are doing, not enough material given to the kids is learning knowledge, teachers is teaching out of their knowlege and I would refer to 4th Grade Mr. Mitchell. The teachers should use the reference guide's and books for children to refer too an dnot being to ignorent if the child didn't understand the subject, talk to them, explain, take a minute to do so and don't show your attitude "If you didn't finish you don't have to" That should not be said to the child. I think some teachers should not be teaching at all.

Posted August 13, 2009
My son is an accelerated 1st grader. His kindergarten teacher provided instruction beyond regular curriculm to motivate & interest our son. The principal provided additional reading assessment tools and advanced online tools (study island) to utilize at home. We just met with his new 1st grade teacher who met with us before school is even in- to talk about keeping him engaged and challanged. Going into the the school year we couldn't be more excited with all that the principal & teacher(s) have in store for him! 5 stars going in- we hope 'it' lives up to that!

Posted December 18, 2008
This schoool is excellent! My daughter came to this school very nervous and the staff made an awesome effort to make sure every day was a great one. When we moved away her teacher (Ms Bizzarri) had the class all sign a card and mailed it to my daughter. Being a military family we have to move often, but Kudo's to the staff at McVay for making children feel special!

Mcvay Elementary School 1

Posted October 02, 2008

Mcvay Elementary School 3

Posted August 05, 2008

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted July 25, 2007

Mcvay Elementary School 2

Posted February 10, 2007
There is no program for smart kids, no extracurricular activities. Some teachers don't have enough knowledge about their subjects.

Mcvay Elementary School 4

Posted February 08, 2006
McVay has some great teachers and their principal is exceptional. About every other month the PTA conducts movie night which is a lot of fun for the kids. If you have a special needs student though I would avoid Westerville City Schools generally speaking. If your child is not special needs though I think you would be very happy with McVay. As with any school district these days finances are a lingering issue. Keep an eye on the levy situation.

Mcvay Elementary School
270 South Hempstead Rd, Westerville, OH  43081
Last modified Mcvay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcvay Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.