Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Our daughter attended McKay from K- 2nd grade and I have had nothing but terrible things to say about the teachers and the district. Our daughter was struggling in math so we were told she would receive math intervention. After test score came back low they decided to test again to see if there was a learning disability. That came back above average. After many frustrating emails calls and meeting I found out her intervention was a parent helper doing flash cards. We removed her out of the district. In her transcripts we found Westerville stated she was receiving Title math. This service is not offered. So Westerville was relieving state money for a service they don't offer!? And our daughter suffered and didn't learn a thing. In her new district she is caught up and is learning fine with the help of great teachers and leadership. SHAME ON WESTERVILLE DISTRICT.

I love McVay. My children have attended other schools in the district and McVay has a hold on my heart. Teachers go out of their way to help students expand their knowledge. My children have regained their love of learning after being discouraged by the politics of private schools in the area. Many after school activities are held by the PTA, which is wonderful considering the schools that lack community unification. The children all really seem to get along well. Even as someone who took advantage of open enrollment and is not a member of the immediate community, you rarely feel like an outsider. Great sense of community and welcoming attitude can be found here.

Disappointed in the overall experience for my child at this school. Lots of bullying not addressed. Not just students, but teachers as well.

My son is being going to McVay since 2008 School Year. He had a great techer in 3rd Grade Mrs. Romero. Moving forward to 4th Grade 2009-2010 his teacher was terrible during this school year. I don't think some teachers in this school knows what they are doing, not enough material given to the kids is learning knowledge, teachers is teaching out of their knowlege and I would refer to 4th Grade Mr. Mitchell. The teachers should use the reference guide's and books for children to refer too an dnot being to ignorent if the child didn't understand the subject, talk to them, explain, take a minute to do so and don't show your attitude "If you didn't finish you don't have to" That should not be said to the child. I think some teachers should not be teaching at all.

My son is an accelerated 1st grader. His kindergarten teacher provided instruction beyond regular curriculm to motivate & interest our son. The principal provided additional reading assessment tools and advanced online tools (study island) to utilize at home. We just met with his new 1st grade teacher who met with us before school is even in- to talk about keeping him engaged and challanged. Going into the the school year we couldn't be more excited with all that the principal & teacher(s) have in store for him! 5 stars going in- we hope 'it' lives up to that!

This schoool is excellent! My daughter came to this school very nervous and the staff made an awesome effort to make sure every day was a great one. When we moved away her teacher (Ms Bizzarri) had the class all sign a card and mailed it to my daughter. Being a military family we have to move often, but Kudo's to the staff at McVay for making children feel special!

There is no program for smart kids, no extracurricular activities. Some teachers don't have enough knowledge about their subjects.

Last modified Mcvay Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.