Bad
Good

Teachers in this school dont have a passion, if they see a kid that's struggling, they just let the parent know and move on. There is no help for below the average or average kids, they want the kids to learn by themselves, not all the kids are on the go and learn everything right away, some kids need an explanation and some examples and that's what teachers are for, and that does not mean that the kid has ADHD or some type of learning disability, come on. They just need a real teacher and wants to help.

The front office staff could not be more rude. I've been hung up on, rudely questioned why my child was out of school when she was sick, and the rif raff around the school can be scary. We are intentionally moving out of the area so my kid does not have to continue here.

Wilder, like most other public schools, has an unrealistic expectation that our children should fit within their mold of the ideal student. In reality, our children are more like snowflakes. Each one is different and has unique abilities and personalities to bring to not only Wilder, but to the world. Unfortunately, the administration and the teaching staff here is not equipped to deal with the non-traditional or non-ideal student. If your child is an independent thinker who needs consistent learning and stimulation, they will likely not thrive here.

My daughter has been struggling for quiet a while. I asked her teachers if there was anything we could do to her but they kept saying that she was getting some help from going to ESL(even though her primary language is English) just because I spoke Spanish at home. I continue to work with her from home but it gets frustrating at times. I also tried getting some help by tutoring after-school but I haven't seen much improvement. I asked the school to test her for special needs since she received IEP assistance while attending Pre-K, but they didn't think was necessary. They said that she doesn't have any disabilities for them to accommodate her at this time. I am not giving up on my child...

My daughter struggled all through elementary school, every year I would ask her teachers if there was anything we could do to her not one of her teachers offerd me any guiedance. The only thing I knew to do was get her tutoring afterschool and in the summer. When she started middle school at Blendon she was so far behind she was just lost. within the first six weeks I had two teachers ask if she had ever been tested for special needs I had no clue what they were talking about., the guidance counselors explained the entire process to us and got her tested she was identified as special needs. She was not 'lazy' as one teacher put it, she just needed a little extra help and not one person at Wilder offered it to her. The teachers at wilder really failed her.

I find this school to on of the best in the area. The school is nice clean and the teachers are the most caring teachers I have seen.

Last modified Wilder Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.