Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted April 14, 2016
The teachers constant yelling has taught my kindergartener to hate school. He cries every morning when it's time for school and it breaks my heart.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted April 14, 2016
Large homework packets and constant testing leaves little time for play. My kindergarten student is miserable.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
The school controls the students with the fear of being sent to see Mr Leon who is the schools disciplinarian.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
My son told me that his kindergarten teacher is always stressed out and yelling at the class.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted April 14, 2016
The administrators and front office staff, especially Mr Leon, are rude and unprofessional to the parents. I hate to imagine how they treat the children.

Cornerstone Academy Community 1

Posted April 14, 2016
My kindergartener cries every morning when it's time for school. He says that his teacher is always stressed out and yelling at his class. When I confronted her about this she replied that she had a lot of boys in her class. My son will not be attending next year.

Cornerstone Academy Community 4

Posted March 03, 2016
Great school! Would highly recommend it to anyone! My son has learned and advanced a lot! The only thing I would like to see different would be for the teachers to be more friendly or have a softer approach. Not all but some just look to serious.

Cornerstone Academy Community 2

Posted September 28, 2015
My son has attended this school since kindergarten; I have been less than pleased. Teachers send weekly emails requesting donations for projects or supplies needed in the class room. The front office staff is extremely rude (especially Julie). Playground is under equipped and near the main side parking lot. Bus schedules can only be found posted inside of the building outside of school hours (which is not ideal for parents who work full time and may live over 30mins away). Staff is not willing to go above or beyond. Lunch including breakfast is $5/day. Your child WILL be refused the right to eat if the lunch balance reaches $30 (my son was refused lunch due to this) also refused lunch for not having a lunch room password. Amount of donation request, lack of compassion, amount of nightly homework, strict dress code (including no winter boots with any kind of color, ect), unrealistic bus times such as 6:00 am for kindergarten students and the lack of empathy or desire to hear the parents has really changed my opinion of this school. I'd rather invest in a local school then a Charter such as this. Unacceptable practices occurring here.

Cornerstone Academy Community 5

Posted March 31, 2015
Cornerstone Academy is and has been a fantastic school for my son. We initially sent him there for all day kindergarten, but quickly realized the high quality education he was receiving. The staff has always went above and beyond to make sure that my son was receiving a great education. They even have a program for those children who excel in school, similar to a gifted program at other schools. We loved Cornerstone some much that we kept our son at Cornerstone for First Grade instead of sending him to Westerville Schools. The principal is an exceptional leader and knows how to get the best out of her teachers. The staff has always been gracious with their time and always seem to have the children's best interests at heart. We have even seen individualized work for students who are having a hard time in class or excelling to help or challenge them above the usual work. Being that it is a charter school, there is some turnover, but when this has happened they quickly replaced the staff with another very qualified teacher. We will undoubtedly be sending our younger twins to Cornerstone Academy in another 3 years.

Cornerstone Academy Community 1

Posted December 09, 2014
If your child has behavior problems at all , this is not a school to go to. I asked for help and never got it. My son got suspended.

6015 East Walnut St, Westerville, OH  43081
Last modified Cornerstone Academy Community is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.