Posted April 26, 2014
My daughter has attended Cornerstone for three years now and I am very satisfied. At first., we planned on keeping her there only for her kindergarden year since it was full day, but she liked it so much we kept her there. The school summer is shorter, so there is more time with students learning in class, and less cost to me paying for summer camps, The staff has changed but they still have been effective with my daughter's learning. The speech therapy staff there, Connie, is awesome! A large portion of a child's outcome is what happens at home. No matter how great a school is, if you aren't spending time with your child with his/her work you can't get on a site and complain about the school. Teachers cannot do everything and parents need to do their part getting involved.

Posted February 25, 2014
My son currently attends Cornerstone Academy and is a kindergarten student. Although we live in New Albany, I really wanted him to be in an all-day classroom and not only spend 2.5-3 hours in school a day. I did research on this school before I enrolled my son and found that they performed very highly (EXCELLENT in 2013-14 as noted by the Ohio Department of Education). Furthermore, I have witnessed my son's growth, not only as it pertains to academics but also socially. The curriculum (Paragon, Reading Court and Saxon Math) is rigorous and there are frequent opportunities for enrichment (Spanish, Art, Music, PE, Paragon Night, etc.) The Principal has been available to answer all of my questions and provide me with solutions. She is a phenomenal leader and very welcoming. I can not begin to rave enough about the Kindergarten teachers who clearly love the students and enjoy the profession of teaching. Initially, I planned to return my child to New Albany schools for his first grade year. However, due to the welcoming climate, excellent education and diversity present at Cornerstone, we will be staying for 1st grade!

Cornerstone Academy Community 1

Posted September 10, 2013
My child has attended this school since the 1st grade. I loved it at first! It was amazing! The staff was helpful and friendly, the children were well behaved. This year is different. The office staff is rude. The teachers are inexperienced and not equipped to handle the different personalities of the students. The school has a high turn over rate. This year is by far the worst year. Parents are no longer allowed to walk their children to class or view them in there setting. I can understand that can be a distraction but to tell me that I'm unable to drop cupcakes off to my child's class for her birthday and share that time with them is crazy! The cupcakes have to be dropped off at the front desk. If you want to view your child or have lunch it must be done in the front of the school. You can only gain access if your are volunteering. I wouldn't advise any parent to place their precious children in their care. Especially your kindergardener. Just my 2 cents!

Cornerstone Academy Community 4

Posted August 07, 2013
I really like this school for my child. He did not have a change in teachers, the school is clean, office staff is friendly and organized, and they have nice school events. I will be sending my daughter next year when she goes to kindergarten. My son also takes piano lessons after school with the music teacher, at a great rate. He is doing awesome!

Posted August 02, 2013
My daughter attended kindergarten at Cornerstone last year and is returning again for 1st grade this year. We absolutely loved our experience at this school. Full-day kindergarten was amazing for her. When talking to other mothers whose children attended other leading public schools, New Albany K-1, Olentangy, Dublin and Westerville, I came to learn that my daughter was being taught a far more advanced curriculum than the children who were attending these highly touted public schools. While there are many requests for supplies for the classroom it did not bother me. I felt no qualms about helping to ensure that my daughter received a good education, no matter what it took from me! You get what you put into something, right? We too were in a classroom with high turnover. By the end of the year we had gone through 2 teachers and 3 teaching assistants, all of whom were wonderful. The transition had no affect on my daughter's education. The teacher to parent communication was excellent as the teachers were constantly inviting parents into the classroom and keeping us up to date on what our children were learning, complete with classroom photos! So happy we chose Cornerstone!

Cornerstone Academy Community 2

Posted January 08, 2013
The turn over rate is really really bad... from Aug - Dec my daughter has had 2 different teachers and 2 different teach assistants as both the original teacher and teacher's assistant for this room resigned within 2 mos from the beginning of the school year. The administration is highly disorganized. We submitted our immunization records and applications twice as they kept loosing the paper work. The school building is only a couple years old but it is absolutely filthy. I went to use the restrooms when picking up my child and i turned around and walked out it was that bad. The walls and floors are never clean and overall the pride in taking care of the building and environment are disgusting from a cleanliness point of view. We supply all of the supplies for the classroom. We get weekly emails of needs from the teacher as clearly the administration does not provide any assistance to the classroom or the teacher. The playground (if you want to call it that) is so poorly made and right next to the parking lot. It consists of metal bars in the cheapest quality they could have possibly have found. This school does not invest in the student or the teacher.

Cornerstone Academy Community 4

Posted October 30, 2012
My daughter attends Cornerstone this year and is in their full day kindergarten. So far I havd nothing but great things to say about this school! The classroom ratio is great and the teacher communicate by email a lot and that really helps the working parents.I will say that even the kindergarteners have quite a bit of homework, its a little overwhelming at first but the kids start to get the hang of it after about a couple months.

Posted April 17, 2011
I have 2 children at Cornerstone and LOVE the school. I have no complaints at all with the school and the teachers are GREAT!! I volunteer in the school and see how they treat the children with love and respect. I wish I had found the school sooner!!!

Cornerstone Academy Community 2

Posted March 16, 2011
I was looking forward to sending my son to this school last fall. However, I quickly found that the staff was unable to help my son achieve academically. The teachers were inadequately trained to help a child that had attention problems. I met with the behaviorist regularly and she developed a chart for the teachers to follow to help him understand expectations. It was my idea to see the behaviorist, my idea to spend a day in the class and the behaviorist came up with the plan for the teachers. Even after all this the teachers lack compassion for my son. I decided to remove him from the school in October. The last day I left in tears, I was so frustrated by the lack of compassion. This is a great school for the average well behaved child. My daughter would have had an entirely different experience. She is a straight A student at Blendon Middle School who needs little help from her teachers. So while I am not saying this school is wrong for everyone, I do not believe this is the school for students with learning problems. At least that was my experience with the Kindergarten class. I will be sending my son to Oakstone this coming fall.

Posted July 08, 2010
Cornerstone is a great place to be! The class sizes are below the average in our area and our children are making more than a year's worth of growth. We want our parents to be involved in their child's or children's education. This year, we moved into the new building and it is wonderful. It has allowed us to have tons of curriculum-based evening activities this year. Come by and see for yourself.

Contact Information

6015 East Walnut St
Westerville, OH 43081

School website

Cornerstone Academy Community
6015 East Walnut St, Westerville, OH  43081
Last modified Cornerstone Academy Community is a charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cornerstone Academy Community Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 29 reviews.