Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The teachers constant yelling has taught my kindergartener to hate school. He cries every morning when it's time for school and it breaks my heart.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Large homework packets and constant testing leaves little time for play. My kindergarten student is miserable.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The administrators and front office staff, especially Mr Leon, are rude and unprofessional to the parents. I hate to imagine how they treat the children.

My kindergartener cries every morning when it's time for school. He says that his teacher is always stressed out and yelling at his class. When I confronted her about this she replied that she had a lot of boys in her class. My son will not be attending next year.

Great school! Would highly recommend it to anyone! My son has learned and advanced a lot! The only thing I would like to see different would be for the teachers to be more friendly or have a softer approach. Not all but some just look to serious.

My son has attended this school since kindergarten; I have been less than pleased. Teachers send weekly emails requesting donations for projects or supplies needed in the class room. The front office staff is extremely rude (especially Julie). Playground is under equipped and near the main side parking lot. Bus schedules can only be found posted inside of the building outside of school hours (which is not ideal for parents who work full time and may live over 30mins away). Staff is not willing to go above or beyond. Lunch including breakfast is $5/day. Your child WILL be refused the right to eat if the lunch balance reaches $30 (my son was refused lunch due to this) also refused lunch for not having a lunch room password. Amount of donation request, lack of compassion, amount of nightly homework, strict dress code (including no winter boots with any kind of color, ect), unrealistic bus times such as 6:00 am for kindergarten students and the lack of empathy or desire to hear the parents has really changed my opinion of this school. I'd rather invest in a local school then a Charter such as this. Unacceptable practices occurring here.

Cornerstone Academy is and has been a fantastic school for my son. We initially sent him there for all day kindergarten, but quickly realized the high quality education he was receiving. The staff has always went above and beyond to make sure that my son was receiving a great education. They even have a program for those children who excel in school, similar to a gifted program at other schools. We loved Cornerstone some much that we kept our son at Cornerstone for First Grade instead of sending him to Westerville Schools. The principal is an exceptional leader and knows how to get the best out of her teachers. The staff has always been gracious with their time and always seem to have the children's best interests at heart. We have even seen individualized work for students who are having a hard time in class or excelling to help or challenge them above the usual work. Being that it is a charter school, there is some turnover, but when this has happened they quickly replaced the staff with another very qualified teacher. We will undoubtedly be sending our younger twins to Cornerstone Academy in another 3 years.

If your child has behavior problems at all , this is not a school to go to. I asked for help and never got it. My son got suspended.

My daughter has attended Cornerstone for three years now and I am very satisfied. At first., we planned on keeping her there only for her kindergarden year since it was full day, but she liked it so much we kept her there. The school summer is shorter, so there is more time with students learning in class, and less cost to me paying for summer camps, The staff has changed but they still have been effective with my daughter's learning. The speech therapy staff there, Connie, is awesome! A large portion of a child's outcome is what happens at home. No matter how great a school is, if you aren't spending time with your child with his/her work you can't get on a site and complain about the school. Teachers cannot do everything and parents need to do their part getting involved.

My son currently attends Cornerstone Academy and is a kindergarten student. Although we live in New Albany, I really wanted him to be in an all-day classroom and not only spend 2.5-3 hours in school a day. I did research on this school before I enrolled my son and found that they performed very highly (EXCELLENT in 2013-14 as noted by the Ohio Department of Education). Furthermore, I have witnessed my son's growth, not only as it pertains to academics but also socially. The curriculum (Paragon, Reading Court and Saxon Math) is rigorous and there are frequent opportunities for enrichment (Spanish, Art, Music, PE, Paragon Night, etc.) The Principal has been available to answer all of my questions and provide me with solutions. She is a phenomenal leader and very welcoming. I can not begin to rave enough about the Kindergarten teachers who clearly love the students and enjoy the profession of teaching. Initially, I planned to return my child to New Albany schools for his first grade year. However, due to the welcoming climate, excellent education and diversity present at Cornerstone, we will be staying for 1st grade!

Last modified Cornerstone Academy Community is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.