PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have had children in Genoa Christian Academy since 2001. My daughter is a graduate of Genoa Christian Academy and I currently have a child in middle school. Genoa is a small Christian school with generally small class size. My kids have received a biblical based education and that I feel is invaluable. Their teachers and administrators are committed to the school, the children and the Lord. My daughter is now in college and is thriving--her education at Genoa (preschool through 12th grade) more than prepared her for her college. Genoa also has sports in both middle school and high school--volleyball, soccer, basketball, and track. They offer most everything a larger school has to offer including a top-notch drama department. If you live anywhere near the Delaware County/Westerville area and are considering a Christian education for your child, you need to visit Genoa Christian Academy. (I also have to add that I read the review about bullying and I have never experienced anything similar to what was discussed in that review. Any classroom issue we ever had was addressed and properly handled by the administration.)

Develops character: Disagree

From my experience, knowledge of what some other parents have said to me and what I have heard from my child, it seems that some of the teachers and staff tend to not show the love of God towards the student. No explanation is given to the children when they are being punished. And when asked why, the response is do as I say and stop being disrespectful. I know my child and the asking is not out of disrespect. How is my child to correct their behavior if there is not an explanation for the time outs or alienation from other students. I have never got any impression or words from the teachers stating that my child is a problem. But I feel it is more of a personal feeling of dislike that some teachers have towards my child. Also there is bullying which seems to continue even after it is brought to attention to the person in charge. I said earlier I have spoken to other parents. These parents gave me their information about their child freely and I think it was done so out of their frustration with the teacher and staff not resolving the situation of the bullying being done by some of the students to their child. My child has experienced bullying and continues to experience it. I too have brought it to the person in charge attention. There was a meeting between my child and three other students, who were friends with each other. When my child was being accused by the three, my child did not speak up and defend oneself. So this was construed as guilty. My child is shy and does not like to be picked on which is probably why the picking is going on. To answer the question do I feel this school develops honesty, integrity and fairness in its students, I believe not by all teachers. I do know that for my child it not being developed by all the teachers. I know of only two teachers my child adores and most if not all the students would agree that the teachers I speak of are pretty fabulous. I think if honesty, integrity and fairness was being taught in the school then there would be no bullying or at least it would have been less and less of it overtime. Which does not seem to be the case with my child. This also goes for the other teachers who do not take the time to explain why they are punishing my child, setting my child to sit alone or not allowing my child to have a study partner when everyone else has one. No explanation to my child or even me.

If you child is getting bullied and is unhappy like mine and you would like to pull your child out then know this... After the first day of school, any student withdrawing prior to the end of the school year will owe the equivalent of 1/6 of the total tuition, in addition to tuition owed for the time the student attended school.

My daughter is a third grader at Genoa Christian Academy. She has attended this school since she was in kindergarten. My husband and I are amazed at how she grows both spiritually and academically each year! We know that she is safe and that we are providing the best Christian education that we can provide for her!

GCA has been a huge blessing to our family. All of our children have attended Genoa Christian Academy and have gone on to be successful in college. They were well prepared spiritually and academically. We are thankful for the loving and supportive teachers and staff for partnering with us as we raised our children. Their love of Jesus shone daily.

GCA is fabulous!! We are moving out of state, I wish I could take the school with us. The school and teachers have done an excellent job in combining a positive and caring attitude with academics. These attributes make for well-rounded individuals (intellect + compassion= success)

The BEST school in the area but it is soo far away it is in the middle of NOWHERE. During bad weather it is a long, hard, difficult and dangerous drive. Many accidents in the roads around this school. The school is great, the manage the time better than many other schools in the area. My kids wish they could go back to GCA but I do not like to drive so far AND the car line in the morning and afternoon is soo long!!! I loved that the school is ALWAYS open and accessible cause it is also a church and a gym and there is ALWAYS something going on every weekend. They have a good quality drama program. Their science fair is a lot of fun. Other schools do not do science fair for lack of time, GCA manage their time and the kids time during study hall perfectly!!! Kids get to choose some of their "elective" course, drama, sport, music band, art, etc. They have some active clubs, history club, running club, etc. Best of all, they have no kids on the evil voucher program which turns good quality schools into a failing public like schools.

I taught at Genoa for 4 years. I look back on those years with such fondness. The staff is a wonderful group of people who love Jesus, care for each other, love children, are devoted to working together with parents, and are continually going above and beyond to help their students achieve. Genoa is a small school but it acts like a big school in that it wants its students to have as many extra-curricular activities as they can staff and opportunities to learn outside the classroom as well. Genoa would be my first recommendation for families who are looking for a personable, small, caring Christian school with great educators and good school leadership.

The new principal this year has made a big improvement. I don't see much involvement from the administrator. The church is more involved this year and it has been good.

As a parent of 2 Genoa students I must say this school as gone above my expectations. Academics: My oldest child has already surpassed other children in her grade level in both reading and math. Environment: After having my child attend another Christian school I felt there was more focus on Faith then on Academics. This school has the perfect balance. My children now have deep rooted faith and morals that they normally would not get in public school, and yet the academics excel more and more every year. Cost: The cost of this school is never a concern when compared to the quality of education and environment that is provided. Staff and Parent Involvement: Parents and Teachers work great together in this school. If only all parents would be this involved with teachers and vice versa.

Last modified Genoa Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12