Posted April 10, 2011
When we moved to the Cleveland area 4 years ago, we chose a home in Westlake based on the great reputation of the Westlake City Public Schools. My son has been attending Holly Lane Elementary School for 3 years and there has not been one day that I wished we had made a different choice. Holly Lane is not just a GREAT school, it is an EXCELLENT school. Not only have his teachers and the staff at Holly Lane taught my son the skills to soar academically, they have also made learning fun and enjoyable, which fostered a love for learning. The students at Holly Lane also learn very quickly what it means to be a good friend and that bullying is not tolerated. I am a member of the PTA, I have volunteered in the classroom and for other school-wide events, and I help in the library. I love that Holly Lane provides so many opportunities for the parents to become involved in their child s education. As we pack up to move again, I can only hope that the next school my son attends will afford him the same wonderful education and experience that he has received at Holly Lane Elementary School.

Holly Lane Elementary School 3

Posted December 08, 2008
I'm not impressed with the Westlake public school system. Last year in Kindergarten my daughter went to Dover Elementary and they didn not teach the students to read, yet this year they are expected to read and are put into reading groups according to level. The kids read to themselves instead of to the teacher. There are way to many kids in a class (25 students this year). The kids do not bring home enough paper work throughout the week. My friends that have kids in other districts are doing WAY more. Academically I feel as though they are behind. The neighborhood is the only good thing about it. I feel safe sending her to this school. Otherr than that it seems like I have to teach her everything so that she doesn't fall behind. I'm suprised that Westlake public schools get such good ratings.

Posted December 12, 2007
Phenominal Principal Great Leadership warm caring environment for students to learn and grown in

Posted July 15, 2007
The teachers really care about their students. Just excellent all the way around.

Posted March 03, 2004
Holly Lane is an excellent school! Everyone there is absolutely wonderful. It is very much a family oriented school. Parental involvement is always an option as well as many after school family events.

Holly Lane Elementary School
3057 Holly Ln, Westlake, OH  44145
Last modified Holly Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Holly Lane Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.