Beechwood Elementary School 1

Posted August 01, 2014
This school does not help children with ADHD or any other disability. They told me it costs too much money to just evaluate all children that are requested. They allowed my child to smack his head off the wall because the teacher told him to go deal with another student who was causing problems by himself. To allow a child to harm themselves like that is ridiculous. I have had nothing but problems with the school and I cannot send him to another school because of where we live, which again is ridiculous.

Beechwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 27, 2013
Beechwood has been a wonderful school for my daughter. We were here K-5 and the teachers has watched her grow and has taken the time to share with me growth they have seen in her. I love, love, love all of her teachers and felt they genuinly cared about us. Mrs. Peters has gone above and beyond to reach out to our family in times of need and never felt like we were a bother or bothersome. Such a wonderful assett to the Beechwood community.

Posted August 09, 2010
I am very happy about sending my grandson too beechwood, he came from another school canal winchester and they did nothing too help him with his ADHD, Beechwood was right on top of it; I am proud to send my grandson too beechwood

Beechwood Elementary School 1

Posted June 01, 2010
Very dissapointed with this school and as previosly said if your child as any type of problems be it ADHD or behavioral problems they will single them out and make life hard for them.

Posted June 13, 2008

Beechwood Elementary School 3

Posted September 15, 2006
- a former student
I attended the school from kindergarten through 5th grade. I loved the school. The teachers were great and focused on the students. There number 1 priority was the students and I felt I was special. (WHAT UP homies?)

Beechwood Elementary School 4

Posted September 14, 2006
Rate this school...that's interesting because just like everyday life, you will get out of it exactly what you put into it! I have had four kids attend Beechwood and I don't have any complaints toward the school. My wife and I know all of the teachers our kids have had because we made it a point to do so. The spoils of that involvement also lead parents to be familiar with other teachers as well as the administration and the office staff, and in our experience...school board members. 'No child left behind' is a wonderful concept, but fails miserably in practice. If a child gets 'left behind' there is usually a reason! Before you blame teachers,administration or standardized testing, maybe you should grab a mirror! I'm confident 'rookie teachers' and 'Tenured Educators' are'nt in it for the millions, otherwise, they would be second baseman!

Posted November 30, 2004
- a former student
I attended Beechwood grades 4-6 and I am so happy I was able to experience such a wonderful place to learn. The teachers are dedicated to helping their children excell in education as well as people. The staff is so helpful and polite. You actually feel at home. Help is always provided to children who need extra help even if the teacher has to spend time after school tutoring children they are more than happy to help. The school provides parents with the resorces needed to help in thier childs education. The building is always clean and I felt safe while I was there. I came from west Virginia and it took some time for me to get used to a new enviroment and everyone was very helpful and patient while I adjusted. My Nephew and two nieces atend the school now and love it there. Bravo Beechwood!Great work!

Posted July 10, 2004
I went to Beechwood when I was growing up, that is why I decided to put my children through this school. My daughter is going into the second grade and I have nothing but great things to say about this school, my daughter needed some extra help with reading and they noticed it jumped right on it and now my child is reading everything she gets her hands on. The teachers and staff are wonderful they are all very friendly and very helping I love this school and my daughter also loves Beechwood. Keep up the great work!

Posted July 07, 2004
I have had two children that have gone to school here and absolutely love the teachers and administrative staff. They love the children and are very family oriented. They encourage the children to be the best they can be and they also do this by being good role models. We absolutely love the school and the teachers. They are really dedicated to the children and use their resources as wisely as possible. My oldest son has graduated from Whitehall and has many wonderful memories of the school, staff, coaches and teachers. I wish all children had the opportunity to have such wonderful teachers and role models in their lives.

Beechwood Elementary School
455 Beechwood Rd, Whitehall, OH  43213
Last modified Beechwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beechwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.