Cornerstone Christian Academy 3

Posted January 31, 2015
I currently go to CCA. It's an ok school. Out of all their sports, they glorify basketball the most. A little too much if you ask me. Some of the teachers are very kind and make it easy and fun to learn, while others teach with too much disiplin and are extremely strict. Some definitely treat people differently based on your social class and grades, while others treat everybody equally. Now to the negative side. Some disiplinary actions are not very Christ-like. A person I knew received a detention for going into a bathroom to vomit. They apparently weren't supposed to use the bathroom because it was a church bathroom. Another time, a teacher almost gave the entire highschool a writing assignment. ALL 250 OF THEM! He said that someone kept bumping into his door but didn't know who it was. Back in 7th grade, people were very rude and told me about how I suck and that they were better than me. I told the teacher. I week later, the entire class had to write a 500 word essay in a week about Christian character due to the lack of it in class, includin me! This school isn't the best, but it's better than the one's I've been too.

Posted December 11, 2014
This school is an elitist sest pool. They classify and separate students by race, social class, gender, ect. Then build them up or break them down accordingly. They're so openly discriminate its illegal and they should be sued for the mental pain and anguish they've caused so many students and parents.
9 people found this helpful

Posted November 07, 2014
My child attended CCA for a short time. I quickly learned how this school gives undeserving students good grades to make them feel better about themselves, and in turn, parents believe it is a great school because their child is receiving high marks. Particularly in the Math classes. Beware. Seek out a better school if you truly care about your student's education.
8 people found this helpful

Posted April 01, 2014
I've attended Cornerstone several years and every year it's become more and more apparent to me that I made a big mistake attending. Its the education and student life that lack completely. The English and History departments are ran by great teachers and I have really enjoyed their classes. They've challenged me to become a better writer and literature scholar. The Math department, however, lacks greatly and is apparently 'a year ahead of the other public/private schools'. There are hardly any extracurriculars. No clubs, no student ministry, nothing. Basketball is God at this school and if you play any other sport or activity, you take a back seat. The school doesn't even own it's own facilities, yet they have enough money to fund basketball tournaments across the country and plenty of CCA basketball t-shirt sales. Students aren't living their faith, many are very clicky and unChrist-like. The majority of the students have a commute mentality, they get their classes done at CCA and then move on with their lives. No hanging out after school, no study groups, nothing. I wish I could have my freshmen and sophomore years back and had spent them at a real school instead.
14 people found this helpful

Posted March 24, 2014
Great school. Average academics. No AP classes so a little silly. Terrible to work at the school. Low pay, no promotions, and overbearing administration.
10 people found this helpful

Posted January 29, 2014
Cornerstone is a unique school dedicated to quality education in a Christian Environment where each child is considered a unique creation of God with a unique purpose.

Posted October 22, 2013
Our son has attended CCA for the past four years, having transferred in from a public school. Although struggling with English for the first part of his freshman year (CCA was greatly ahead of the public school), he was able to catch up (with a lot of hard work!). The teachers are Christ-centered, committed, caring, and go to great lengths to engage and challenge the students. CCA requires its students to work hard and emphasizes development of their critical thinking skills, applying this approach to the "four cores": reading, writing, math, and science. This approach helped our son to score a 30 ACT. He also greatly enjoyed the ability to serve on a missions trip to Nicaragua, as well as other outreach/missions projects sponsored by the school. CCA offers varsity basketball, baseball, and soccer for boys. The coaches for these sports are outstanding, providing an example to the boys in leadership, humility, and a "Christ-first" mentality. The teams in each sport have all had legitimate runs at the state championship. Last, CCA has produced musicals or dramas for each year that our son has attended. And they were fun! As a parent, I highly recommend this school.
2 people found this helpful

Posted October 21, 2013
Cornerstone Christian Academy in Willoughby. This school is for the underpriveleged children in the area. If you are an average parent wanting to put your child in a great private school stick to the Catholic schools. Even if you aren't Catholic your child can go to the school. This school is very pricey and they like to add mysterious fees to tuition. I would not recommend this school.
9 people found this helpful

Posted November 12, 2012
Amazing school with a great curriculum and staff! My children loved going there and I'd recommend this school to anyone!

Cornerstone Christian Academy 2

Posted September 16, 2012
I don't think I would send my children to CCA if I had to do it again. The school says it is rooted in Christian values, but many of the students and the administration do not adhere to those values. They all know the right things to say, but their actions don't match up to true Biblical principles.
8 people found this helpful

Cornerstone Christian Academy
2846 Som Center Rd, Willoughby, OH  44094
Last modified Cornerstone Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Cornerstone Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top