Posted June 27, 2012
My Family just moved here from Cincinnati, OH and so this year , so my daughter was a new student at Colonial Hills Elementary School. She was starting a new school in 6th grade and was extremely nervous. All the teachers, students and parent's were so welcoming. By the time the school year ended, she felt like she was in the school since Kindergarten. The education she received here in one year, was amazing. Her three teachers truly cared about their job and the students, which obviously showed. The music program is top notch and allowed the students to enjoy school more than I believe they normally would. The two plays they put on seemed like high school productions. I am so glad that Colonial Hills still realizes that music is an important part of the students curriculum.

Posted August 04, 2011
A fantastic school serving an equally fantastic neighborhood. A true community school walking distance from most of the neighborhoods 700 homes.

Posted July 12, 2011
I cannot say enough about this GEM of a school. I have been an involved parent for the last four years and have loved every moment. This school is primarily a walking school which gives parents a unique opportunity to be a daily presence in the school community -- chatting with other parents and teachers before and after school. Many parent volunteers and an outstanding teaching and administrative staff and a cozy, family feel make this school incomparable. My husband just got a new job out-of-state and leaving this school will be the hardest part of our move. It is simple not replaceable.

Posted July 12, 2011
We have been very satisfied with Colonial Hills Elementary. The teachers are truly concerned about the welfare of the students.

Posted July 12, 2011
I cannot describe in words just what a wonderful asset Colonial Hills Elementary School is to its students and our closeknit community. The teachers are first-rate: caring, motivated and creative. Most bent over backwards to educate and support my daughter throughout her elementary years. Early-bird gymnastics and an amazing music/drama program are worth special note. We're all family.

Posted July 12, 2011
CHES is one of those hidden gems. Located in a neighborhood with strong community involvement, the environment is warm, friendly and supportive. The school and neighborhood create a wonderful environment in which to raise children.

Posted July 12, 2011
Colonial Hills is a wonderful neighborhood school. To be able to go here for 7 years is such a benefit and as some people say lucky! The parents are involved, the kids are great. You get a sense of family in every activity planned! Just check out the stats to prove it, some classes have wait lists and some come from other schools to attend. The kids learn to interact with every type of student, special-needs, multi-cultural, financially secure and those who are not, and that experience is priceless! It forms a well rounded child ready for the world. On a side note, Worthington district could do a better job with their special ed services and training their teachers. They lacked in this dept. when my child attended. But this school was the best!

Posted July 12, 2011
Colonial Hills Elementary School is the most phenomenal school and my husband and I feel blessed to have our daughter attend. The population is small, yet incredibly diverse. The staff - teachers,administration, and support staff - are warm, caring, and firm, and push each student to be his or her best. The focus on the arts is admirable, as well as the focus on individual health and fitness. CHES is a true gem.

Posted July 12, 2011
This is an unbelievably great school! The administration is excellent and approachable, the staff are all dedicated and fabulous educators, the parents involvement is high and a great assset, the facility is great and the surroundings are picturesque. I have never seen a child handled in any but the most professional manner with special attention given to those with special needs. I have never seen such an absolutely perfect school.

Posted July 12, 2011
Colonial Hills is a amazing school! The principle is wonderful he takes the extra to get to know his students and genuinely cares for each and everyone. My son entered into kindergarten at a reading level above many in his class, our kindergarten teacher found alternative reading activities for him to participate in. He was able to spend time in a fifth grade classroom and interact with many of the students. He was able to create a power point presentation and presented it with his fifth grade student helpers. I cannot say enough good things about our school, I feel lucky to have my son in such a wonderful learning environment.

Contact Information

5800 Greenwich St
Worthington, OH 43085

School website

Colonial Hills Elementary School
5800 Greenwich St, Worthington, OH  43085
Last modified Colonial Hills Elementary School is a public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Colonial Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 20 reviews.