Posted June 09, 2014
Amazing school! My son went there fr kindergarten and had Mrs K. -- she is absolutely wonderful! He has learned and developed so much this year I cant believe it. The school is well maintained, parents involved, staff is very friendly and helpful, principal is great, other teachers awesome. I couldn't be happier with this school!!!!!!!!

Posted November 22, 2011
Wonderful school! My daughter has attended since K and is in 6th grade now. Academically, a great school. There is a good amount of diversity and from what I can tell, they do a good job with bully prevention and nipping drama in the bud before it becomes a problem. The teachers are wonderful, accommodating, and from my experience, they genuinely care about the kids and love teaching. Of particular note, the teachers I know that I think are exceptional are, Mrs. Trigg (Mauer) (spelling I am not sure of), Mrs. Romeo, Mrs. Smith, and Mrs. Watkins. Dr. Cordova (4th grade) is very wonderful also! The band director, Mr. Alexis is great as well he loves music and that love for music rubs off on the kids- he loves teaching them and my daughter has really enjoyed it. In addition, the new principal, Mrs. Lesher, is just great! She knows so many, if not most, of the kids by name. The kids love her and relate well to her.

Wilson Hill Elementary School 4

Posted April 28, 2011
Most of the teachers in this school are excellent! If you're lucky, your child will have a chance to be taught by Ms. Barr, Mrs. McCulloch, Mr. Smith, Mrs. Malley or Mrs. Davis, all of whom have a lot of experience and common sense. Mr. Furbee the gym teacher is excellent, kids love him. Mr. Alexis the band teacher is OUTSTANDING, you'll never find a teacher so excited about music! He can encourage even the most reluctant musician. The other teachers are pretty good too, those names will just be the ones you hear when you want to know the BEST teachers are. You will want to avoid, at all costs, Mrs. Amory Marlow. She is unprofessional, uncooperative and disrespectful to parents & children. We were unfortunate enough to have two of our children stuck with her for a year, it was a nightmare. She has no concept of what is appropriate subject matter in books or movies she will expose your children to. She also makes racists comments and when called on it, she will say "I do not censor myself" (these are 3rd graders being taught the "N" word in a very multicultural school). The former principal Mrs. Reeder was top-notch. The current principal seems responsive, so we'll see.

Posted September 20, 2009
When my children attended here we had nothing but problems regarding bullying that was not taken seriously. And teachers and staff members speaking out of line. My youngest did not feel safe in this environment. It reminded me alot of Columbus public schools. And to make matters worse, I could not believe the arrogance they showed in expressing that they knew better than the parent what was best for the child.

Posted September 10, 2008
Wilson Hill staff is very understanding and accomodating to their students and parents. The Principal takes the time to discuss with parents any issues, thoughts on how to better educate your child and really cares about how each student is doing, no matter what the pressing issues are. This school has a large number of nationalities attending it (last count was around 15 or 20) so the degrees in which the faculty goes to to make each student succeed is terrific.

Posted January 13, 2008
I can't be more pleased with this school. My son has been attending for only a short time and he has gone from a C to an A in Math, Science and Social Studies. The staff and students are kind and welcoming. I'm so blessed that my son has the opportunity to go to such a wonderful school.

Posted December 08, 2007
You cannot get a better school than this one!! The principal is excellent in communicating to the parents and is very involved!

Posted January 10, 2006

Posted December 21, 2005
This school is great. Most of the teachers genuinely care about the success of the student. They offer great tutor sessions and have wonderful ext. programs. It is also nestled in a great low profile neighborhood.

Posted August 15, 2005
- a former student

Wilson Hill Elementary School
6500 Northland Rd, Worthington, OH  43085
Last modified Wilson Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson Hill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.