Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 31, 2015
My teachers, counselor, and a certain assistant principal who cared to befriend me and try to help me with the awful students.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted December 31, 2015
They do their best, but they can only discipline the students so much. It isn't their fault we don't catch everything, but the egotistical students'. They cause the teachers to have to stop and lecture the whole class and are very disruptive.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted December 31, 2015
I'm in my first year of public school here (I've gone to private academies my whole life), and this is honestly comparable to my 6th grade class. We are also repeating a majority of information from my 8th grade class. I'm not being pushed.

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted December 31, 2015
I was hit on by someone who didn't know me and they got in my personal space, and called me "baby." A lot of fights, many cliques, students in my class ignore all warnings and are very disrespectful to teachers and blatantly disobey dress code with sagging pants and hats. Girls wear cut tops with very "revealing" cuts so you see unnecessary bra shots. Talk about teachers behind heir backs a lot and complain about the (proper) punishment from them when they disobey, but are so self centered that they want it their own way.

Thomas Worthington High School 5

Posted August 15, 2014
The 'parent' who said Thomas Worthington doesn't prepare kids for college is so far off it isn't even funny. That has to be a post from a prankster, because Thomas Worthington High School is absolutely stellar. You only need to look at the number of students who go on to college and the number who go on to top elite colleges every year. While this parent said her son was struggling in college and that she knows several others who also were, the exact opposite is true of the many Thomas Worthington graduates I know. I know of several who are thriving in very difficult programs at some of the nation's best colleges. You can be a student and not apply yourself at TWHS and come out having a hard time in college, but the programs that are there for students to thrive are immense. What a great school that demands excellence with a very diversified student body. I can't think of a better high school in Central Ohio. If you are reading this because you deciding which school district to enter for your children, you can not go wrong with Worthington and in particular Thomas Worthington High School.

Thomas Worthington High School 4

Posted August 23, 2011
My son is starting his sophomore year at Thomas. He had a great freshman year. I was happy with most of his teachers and experiences. He articulated to me he loved his freshman year because of academics/teachers, basketball, and friends. There are a lot of very bright, great kids in his class. I feel optimistic about the rest of high school for him. He has always felt safe there. When I have asked him about drugs, etc. His response is that it's all there, he chooses to "stay away from the bad kids". Overall, I have been happy so far. He had one teacher last year that I didn't think was so great, he told me she really cares about the kids, super nice and that I was being too critical. They really have some remarkable performing arts programs, band and theatre are amazing.

Thomas Worthington High School 2

Posted July 20, 2011
I graduated thomas worthington in 09. I hated it there. Id recomend kilbourne. westerville north or south. Olentangy but dont go to thomas. Its full of downers. The football team is and forever will be a joke there. the wrestling team never had a full roster so you are more than likely guarenteed a slot in a weight class (very good if u wanna get in shape i recomend this if u wanna go to thomas). baseball was a joke! u dont even train let alone practice seriously. thats all i know first hand on sports. Now as for the classes. If you dont want to learn the subject they simply wont teach it to you. they dont go backwards either. if you are missing something go after school or ask after class because they are not going to help you unless u force them too answer your questions. also if you do go to this highschool i recomend prepping for your degree and future much more in advanced than if you were in a nicer and more academicaly goal oriented school

Thomas Worthington High School 4

Posted July 10, 2011
I just graduated from Thomas, and I am happy to be going to my first choice college! This school has some amazing teachers, who are not only passionate about their fields, but who genuinely enjoy teaching. I became good friends with many of my teachers, including teachers in fields that in general did not interest me. I never had a problem with the administration or bullying, and neither did any of my friends so I can't comment on that, but all in all I really enjoyed my four years here!

Thomas Worthington High School 1

Posted January 06, 2011
Learning? Teaching? Yeah, right. The teachers don't teach, the students don't learn, this school is far too easy. The reason the honor roll is so long is because a middle schooler from any other district could pass any exam here with flying colors. The teachers don't care at all and there is clearly not enough discipline. This school does not prepare for college AT ALL. The only thing this school produces are teen parents, druggies, thugs, and McDonalds cashiers. I expect a highschool to prepare my children for college and help turn them in to well rounded members of society. For my other two children I am going to try my best to find another option for highschool by the time they go there. My son is now in college and is struggling, badly, in remedial classes. He was in ALL honors and AP classes at TWHS, which shows you how "hard" their challenging classes are. It's not just him, either, I've heard the same from many parents of his classmates.

Thomas Worthington High School 1

Posted August 10, 2010
This school is a joke. The teachers don't bother trying to teach the students. All they care about are test scores and popularity. They also tell the students that they should accept more responsibility while in reality they don't let the students have a decent say in how the school is run. The Spanish department is the worst feature of this school. They force the students to meet with them outside of school in order to receive credit. This is especially frustrating to the students who participate in extracurricular events because they don't have time to meet with them outside of class and the teachers can't speak the language with a decent accent. In short, the school is filled with hypocritical teachers who don't care about the students.

300 West Granville Rd, Worthington, OH  43085
Last modified Thomas Worthington High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.