Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

I have seen kids bullied every week, it always happens outside the building so a teacher doesn't see it. The school says they want to help and are open to help kids with special needs, but I must not ask correctly because it doesn't happen and it's not on the IEP so it's not addressed. I've seen older kids repeatedly swear while waiting to be dismissed and the 2 teachers say nothing. I get that kids will use that language, but they are dropping the f bomb around kindergartners. When I asked why nothing was said it was 'I didn't see who said it'. But she heard it, so say something!

My son attended Slate Hill for kindergarten and 1st grade. My initial impression was great- the kids and parents rave about this school. But I found that our experience wasn't so great. My son is considered "special needs" and although the staff seemed to want to help him succeed they did a poor job. The staff is NOT equipped to deal with some special needs. My son did not need to be in a special class but his teacher did not have the time nor the resources to deal with him. He was bullied more than once and at no time did anyone see what happened nor feel the need to contact me once they were aware of the situation. The school doesn't seem interested in helping kids who need extra resources. I guess it costs too much money. Needless to say my child no longer attends Slate Hill.

Slate Hill Elementary School is an amazing school! The principal has helped to create an amazing culture. It's the warmest, most caring school I've ever experienced. When I toured the school before joining it, I asked a lot of the students how much they liked their school- I received rave reviews from the kids. They all seemed to love going to school there. The teachers have been amazing, the IEP track for kids with special needs is especially impressive. I have been so encouraged at all of the student/staff interactions I have witnessed, always kind, caring and respectful both ways. Because respect is such a value at Slate Hill, I have never seen any bullying go on there. The building is beautiful, and kept clean. The music, gym and art are excellent within the district. I have never seen a school care for the individual students the way Slate Hill does. I couldn't give the school a higher rating!

This is a amazing school. You have opprutunties during recces. In 5th grade you can choir and recordor. In sixth grade you can do choir recorder accent and drum. In the the give challenging worksheets to worksheets to work on. The teachers are so nice give everyone the attenion they need. The principal gives you a extreme punichment if you bully anyone. During assembly lots people get awards for rasing there scores. There is group called green team where people take of the school and rasie money to buy chrismas presents for kids that do have money.

Slate Hill is a fabulous school! The teachers, principal & office staff truly care about the kids. The school has a diverse student body and the children are taught respect and acceptance for all people, regardless of their nationality, race or economic status. Slate Hill is by far the best elementary school in the Worthington school district. I could not be happier with Slate Hill!

This has been an excellent school for both of my children who started in elementary. The music/arts program is excellent and far exceeds any of the other elementary school programs. The fact that this school now teaches spanish to all of the children is a MUST for all schools now and in the future as it prepares them for language in middle school of which is needed. The majority of the teachers go above and beyond what is necessary. There has been several changes that has affected the school recently and I have great hopes that the staff will work towards normalcy. In particular... the physical education, principal, and counseling staff have been recent to the school and they are still developing. Any issues I have had with this school has been an issue with the district itself.... not the school. it is a wonderful learning environment for both of my children who learn in different ways.

This school could not be any better, I am truely impressed with the way this school has helped my daughter evolve. She has attended Slate Hill for her k-year and it was great. I would suggest this school to anyone new to the area with children starting out or even in a higher grade.

I could not be happier with Slate Hill. There are so many wonderful things about this school. My kids are both the youngest in their class and they've thrived both academically and socially. I've been very pleased with their teachers, the office staff and the principal. Everyone is caring, consistant and communicative. The children are from diverse backgrounds and the school embraces that. There is a stong emphasis on developing good characer traits and I've seen the results in not only my children but in other kids I interact with at the school. Slate Hill is an inviting, warm and fun place for my kids to learn and for me as well.

I LOVE this school! The office staff is very knowledgeable about the goings on around the school and are willing to help in anyway they can. The teachers are all very friendly and genuinely care about the education and welfare of their students. I have open enrolled my children in this school because there is no other place like SLATE HILL!

At fist I thougt that this would be a great school for my children to go to. But as I discoveredthe principal, office staff, and parent volunteers are rather gossopy. One of my children was treated very terribly by fellow peers and by office staff members because of some of his issues. This school also has some problems with stealing, bullying, and just general rudness. Aside from that the teachers are woderful, and I pray that they will continually try to influence the principal, office staff members, parents, and every student that walks through their doors.

Last modified Slate Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.