PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

St. Michael School 2

Posted July 13, 2016
I live in one of the best school districts in the state. I used to be able to answer people with conviction that my two children who graduated from SMS were getting a superior academic course of study along with a strong faith based foundation but I can not say that anymore. Adminsitrative changes, standard based grading throughout the diocese, large teacher turnover, common core adaptations,losing Math Concept Program and no longer having final exams in junior high grades are all factors. I do not believe there is added value in the education the children are getting in any grade at SMS. I would encourage you to visit and ask many questions. Spend a day visiting classrooms in session and lunchroom. Watch the behavior of the children in line into cafeteria and leaving. It is now much more faith based than academic. New teachers are hired right out of college and honestly it's not easy for a young teacher to begin their career teaching junior high children and I do not believe the teachers get support from administration. My last child just graduated 2016 and I do not feel he is well prepared for high school. I've brought these issues up with admins traction but they simply do not reply to the emails. When I tell other people now my child just graduated SMS they have sympathy for me. It's s good fit if you are looking for a strong religious upbringing but do your homework before you pay $4000 per year for an education from SMS.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 13, 2016
I can only speak to the junior high teachers. They say the practice differentiated learning you need to question how.

Posted July 04, 2016
My 3 kids go to this school and I love the fact that my kid are growing knowing God. For me this was a priority! I myself went to catholic school and I feel privileged. Academically it is good school. One thing I would change is AR point is not encouraged as it use to be and I would like to see it reinforced -back again. It is great way to make kids love to books and tuck what the read.

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted July 04, 2016
Mrs. Tina Keller helped one of my kids get on Truck. She empowered him and made him feel loved. We are grateful for mending his gap. A great teacher will be remembered for life time.! Most of the teachers go above and beyond to help SMS kids achieve their goal. God bless you all for giving your best to all SMS kids equally. It is getting diverse and I am loving it.

Posted February 27, 2015
Sending our daughter to the St. Michael preschool was one of our best parenting decisions! She has grown so much spiritually and academically. She loves preschool and we are confident she'll be ready for the challenges ahead in kindergarten and beyond.

Posted December 01, 2014
I am very thankful for St. Michael and there commitment to outstanding academics and authentic Catholic teaching. Having the Dominican Sisters of Mary Mother of the Eucharist is a true blessing! This makes us unique to other Catholic schools in the area and really sets us apart.

Posted December 01, 2014
We feel blessed that our kids are at St. Michael. The teachers and families are wonderful. The education is excellent but most importantly, Christ is at the center of their education. We started in a good public school system and we knew there was something missing... spirituality.

Posted November 26, 2014
I couldn't imagine a better learning environment or family atmosphere than St Michael. Both of our kids love going to school and are embracing all aspects of their church life.

Posted November 25, 2014
If you want teachers who truly care and work as hard as it takes to meet your child's needs, this is where you want to go! I've never met a more caring group of people who take their jobs so seriously! My children have been receiving a great education year after year!

Posted October 15, 2014
The academic instruction as well as the religious component at St. Michael School are top notch. My children love St. Michael School, and we feel a truly amazing sense of family there. Parents are encouraged to get involved throughout the school, and the atmosphere is full of life. Students are kind and courteous, and staff members are very responsive and helpful. The preschool program at St. Michael is fantastic - academically challenging but also nurturing. My daughter is excited for preschool every day!

64 E Selby Blvd, Worthington, OH  43085