No rating

Xenia Nazarene Christian School

Private | K-12 | 260 students

Living in Xenia

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $100,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $660.

Sweep tile

Posted May 21, 2011

NCS is a great school! My daughter attended 2 years of preschool and Kindergarten there and it was a wonderful experience. She learned a lot both academically and spiritually. The teachers are a group of caring individuals who really love the kids and want to see them grow in every way. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted April 25, 2011

My daughter attended this school from preschool, and recently graduated from the highschool. She scored exceptionally well on the ACT for college, and I credit her teachers at NCS for that. The teachers were always friendly and caring, they are like a family. My daughter is building her life on a good, Christian foundation in a great part because of the positive influence of this school and teachers who exemplified Christ.

Posted November 24, 2009

We just love this school Our daughter started Kindergarten there this year and she is doing great! She loves everything about going to school & the teacher is awesome. My only complaint is the lack of communication with the office staff at times but they've been wonderful to work with. I'd highly recommend the school They get their education plus spiritual education & that's what we wanted!

Posted April 21, 2009

I have attended Xenia Nazarene Christian for 3 years . I began attending in 8th grade. There are a select few teachers, and staff that i think have the qualities and leadership to work here. There are others who need to retire, or learn to communicate and get along with the students better. I am satisfied with the students that come here , but agree with the other parents that our school needs to offer more extra cirricular activities and more involvment. We have some pretty uncalled for rules , and others that are necessary. Over all , this isn't too bad of a school , but i would prefer being in a larger highschool with more to offer.
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 22, 2008

My son attended school at Xenia NCS from preschool through 9th grade. I think the elementary and middle school programs are wonderful, but was disappointed with the high school level. The staff was not impressive. There were some inexperienced teachers and some that needed to retire. There is a new principal now so maybe things have changed, but I couldn't risk my childs academic career to wait and find out.

Posted March 17, 2006

I feel that Nazarene Christian School has a decent elementary program. Their upper grades (especially 9-12) have made some changes in the past couple of years that have been an improvement, but they still have a ways to go. There are some concerns in the academic program of the upper grades and with the staff. If your student is involved in sports (other than football) they will have plenty of opportunities to participate. NCS doesn't have much of a music or fine arts program. The staff of the church that is affiliated with NCS is very involved. My students that attend NCS love the children's pastor and youth pastor. They look forward to chapel each week and there is a strong spiritual emphasis. Overall, I see some needs of improvement in staffing and more options for extracurricular choices, but I think it's a pretty good school.

Posted July 24, 2005

My son graduated from NCS this year (2005). He has attended this school since Kindergarten. I could not have asked for a better learning environment, better curriculum or better teachers. I sent him to school each day with confidence that he was in very good hands and very safe. The staff takes advantage of the small teacher child ratio in order to ensure that each student gets the best education possible in all areas of life. They have been partners with me in raising my son to be a happy and well adjusted young adult. He is on his way to college this fall and I owe his strong academic skills and love of learning to NCS. The school is lead by a principal that knows each student personally and makes every effort to ensure their school experience is the best one possible. Thank you Nazarene Christian School!

Posted January 24, 2005

My daughter has been a student in this school since pre-school. She has recieved a great education scholastically, and she is surrounded by educators and staff that care about each and every student in the school. Her testing scores are always excellent and her opportunities for college are boundless. She is already getting information from national colleges wanting to offer her opportunities to continue her education at their institutions. There really is something to be said about a school where all of the teachers know all of the students, the school has a true community feel. Its wonderful!

Posted August 26, 2003

We are just beginning our 5th year with this school and I cannot tell you how please I have been with out learning experience here. My grandaughter has learned so much and her SAT scores are always 2 or 3 grade levels ahead of the grade levels ahead of the grade she is actually in. I have been so pleased with every teacher we have had. You just think every year that it can't get any better but then it does. I thank God for this school and wonderful staff.

What is the GreatSchools Rating?

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • ACSI
Fax number
  • (937) 372-1074

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Supports home-based learning
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1204 W 2nd St