Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 5

Posted March 05, 2014
We have come to this school this year and are amazed at the wonderful quality of the staff, students, and even the parents we have encountered. Previously we were at another school in the same county where we had the WORST experience ever. My children were bullied, harassed, even sexually harassed and no-one in the staff, school board, or even the state board would do anything about it. Here at YS Schools, my children are free, not bullied, have made many friends, are accepted for who they are. The teachers and staff are always involved in the kids and what they are doing. They are offering many programs for anti-bulling, teen intervention, and always available for any parent or student who needs anything. We really love the new PBL program they are putting in place. It is a great way for the students and parents to be involved with their studies. They are also constantly putting on free events that help to involve students, teachers, and parents. I am very proud to say we live here and feel my kids are getting the best education and now a true chance at being a kid!

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 1

Posted February 26, 2014
I have kids at both schools in town. The schools are great if you want to give your kids a real challenge, like incessant bullying and faculty and administration that will blow off concerns about bullying. My children have gone to other schools in the county and never experienced any bullying of the type, degree nor pervasiveness that they experience at Yellow Springs schools. Your tax dollars at work.

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 5

Posted May 20, 2012
I have 2 kids at this school and really love the small classes and community spirit. Teachers can really get to know the kids due to the small size of the school and seem to be invested in making sure they are not falling behind with lots of follow up to parents. There really is not anything negative to say about the school. Academically they are a national school of excellence and derserve the 8 out of 10 rating, or more.

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 4

Posted November 27, 2011
The graduation-rates and accomplishments of Yellow Springs high students are above those of schools of similar size and budgets for public schools in southwest Ohio. The community takes pride and values education, reflecting the mores of a college town. The school has a racially-diverse student body and is sensitive about the achievement gap scores between African-American males and the school's median scores.

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 4

Posted December 16, 2010
Overall, a great school. An accepting and nurturing environment for students of any ethnicity and sexual preference. I graduated from YSHS and I hope to send my own children there someday. The downside is that students' whereabouts were often unknown throughout the school day, leading to truancy, and in some cases, failure to graduate.

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 1

Posted February 04, 2010

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School 0

Posted September 17, 2009
It's a public school with the perks of a private school on a public school budget.

Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School
420 East Enon Rd, Yellow Springs, OH  45387
Last modified Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Yellow Springs/Mckinney High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.