Youngstown Community School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
As parents, we have many options when it comes to selecting an academic environment for our children. I am so delighted that we selected YCS. Our daughter has really grown academically and she will walk into the 1st grade with complete confidence that she will succeed. We truly thank the teachers and staff for being a consistent support for our daughter. Thank you for your contribution in paving the way for her further success.

Youngstown Community School 5

Posted September 18, 2008

Youngstown Community School 5

Posted January 11, 2007
If what you are looking for is an environment where children are learning in a well structured setting, teachers that truly care and are always available to parents and standardized test scores that are proof of the high expections and results of the students, then YCS the right place. If you think educating our children to be leaders and work to their fullest potential in life is important then visit the school and talk to the teachers and staff. You will be impressed. Then put your childs name on the waiting list, full of parents who realize an education at this school is the key that will open doors for a lifetime.

Youngstown Community School 4

Posted December 22, 2004
Youngstown Community School offers the students a comprhensive curriculum. The teachers strive to teach to the Ohio Standards and send information home for me to see so that I can help my child learn. They give homework everynight and the students are very responsible. At least mine are. I really like the safe campus. The school is clean and the students are expected to keep it that way by trying to be organized and always putting things away after a lesson. The filed trips are fun because the students get to go to more that one place during the day. My child in grade four recently went to a landfill and learn a lot that will help them in science. I really like the school.

Youngstown Community School 3

Posted March 14, 2004
Although I think that the teachers are wonderful I do not believe the school offers a comprehensive after school or 'extra' fun stuff for the children to do. The Field trips lack creativity and the programs do not make an effort to let the kids have fun. If all you are after is the discipline and a good safe 'public school' experience then Youngstown Community School is the perfect School. If you however are looking for more challenging class work or more stimulating creative experience for your child then maybe YCS has more work to do. The Campus is beautiful and the school is extremely safe. However, it is still required to teach tests and subject to the same rules that keep regular city schools from competing with a private school education. The Educational fee is $100.00 per year and one thing remains true. You get what you pay for.

Youngstown Community School
50 Essex St, Youngstown, OH  44502
Last modified Youngstown Community School is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Youngstown Community School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.