Taft Elementary School 1

Posted May 16, 2013
Taft school needs a total reform program starting from the staff to the management and principal. Any school that tries to justify inappropriate and ill-mannered teacher's behavior definitely needs a total reconstruction. When is it ever conducive to positive outcome predictability when teachers holler, scream and talk down to students...? I rate them a Zero!

Posted October 26, 2011
LOVE THE STAFF AT TAFT. MIKE FLOOD HAS DONE A WONDERFUL JOB! THE TEACHERS THAT MY CHILDREN HAVE HAD IN THE 2 YEARS THEY HAVE BEEN AT THE SCHOOL ARE OUTSTANDING! THE FACT THAT THEY ALL CARE ABOUT EACH CHILD INDIVIDUALLY IS AMAZING. THAT IS JUST HOW IT SHOULD BE. THEY TRANSFERRED TO TAFT FROM A CATHOLIC SCHOOL, AND TO BE HONEST, I AM MUCH HAPPIER HAVING THEM WHERE THEY ARE!!

Taft Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2010
Such a wonderful staff. Really takes the time with the students. My children transferred this year from a Catholic school and were having difficulty adjusting. Everyone has taken the time to work with them. Teachers, guidance counselor, Vice principal and the principal are AWESOME. I know that a little extra money could help them do so much more for their students!!

Taft Elementary School 1

Posted September 27, 2010
Horrible, horrible school!!!! Some teachers are nice and can teach others are very verbally abusive!!!! My daughter in 5th grade had a female teacher who put so much fear in my daughters heart that my daughter concentrated more on not asking questions for help and woud not make one single mistake so the teacher not to yell at her in front of other students that my daughter would not concentrate in her school work.. Her grades were slipping. My daughter is 10 yrs old and wuz getting good grades in all her grades. And the worst part is there are to many fights in that school. WHy were the kids not expelled!!!!!!!! Everyday kids wqere beatingup other kids and nothing was done!! I would see fights happen in ther front of the school and the next day the kids that fought the day before were still in the school!!!!

Taft Elementary School 0

Posted February 11, 2008
Great School in a not so great location.

Posted May 10, 2007
My son is in First Grade at Taft Elementary and is on the Honor Roll. The teachers encourage parent involvment and the staff are amazing. Mr Schubert is the driving force behind the schools excellence, saftey and many very helpful acedemic programs offered to every child on an one to one basis if needed. I was very impressed by the level of learning aids provided in the classroom and the personal time that was spent with the children in small groups during activity sessions where 4-6 children at a time would go to one table and do an arts and craft, reading, math problems, computer and the like. I was able to get to know all the children in my sons class by voluntering once a week this way and enjoyed every minute of it! I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 28, 2007
excellent school and staff-its nice to have staff members care as much about my children and their education as I do- my son is an alumni and is 15yoa in an early college program and doing well thanks to the foundation that was formed. my Daughter had problems with reading and writing and with the communication between the teachers and us has scored 'above average' now on her scores. the school still has an active PTA that works with the school. I would recommend TAFT School to any parent looking for a school were the staff knows your children and work to encourage their growth both socially and academically

Taft Elementary School
730 East Avondale Ave, Youngstown, OH  44502
Last modified Taft Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Taft Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.