Youngstown, OH

Volney Rogers Junior High School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 14, 2015
the school try to fail my kid future more then helping his future. Instead of helping my kid ,they made it worst.

Posted June 14, 2015
My kid got transfer to Volney Rogers Junior High School for 3 months of this school year. He was an grade A student ,when he left there after 3 months he was a C. His teacher was also was messing with my kid by saying he never turn in his homework ,when he did.she did this before to other Students,Ive been told that. The principle and the staff will cover up for each other. Save your self the frustration and do not take your kids there. Welcome to Youngstown school district and all along i thought the students are making the Schools bad .Its the adult and the staff making it bad and they blame it on our kids.

Volney Rogers Junior High School 5

Posted January 22, 2014
The teachers spent a lot of time with my child helping assist with his learning disability . I moved to this area for the lower cost of living and hesitated from all the locals putting down the school systems. My child states teachers and staff are always available if needed. It seems as if the problem is that the families the children go home to could care less if there child moves on or does well in school. One student actually encouraged my child to do bad in classes so he can get free college after school !! Is that not unbelievable or what ? Parents seen to not have any involvement with schooling and then turn and blame it on every one else but themselves !! It's time we all stand up and realize teachers are not here to raise our children , it's our faults for our children failing and the sooner we all accept responsibility for our actions the sooner we as a community will prosper. You could take the students and put them in Canfield schools and they still would perform poorly if not worse. I for one feel as if Youngstown far exceeded my expectations and feel as if it's the families that failed ! Shame on us parents, it's our responsibility for our children

Posted August 08, 2012
The word school is being poorly used in this instance. More like babysitting unruly preteen is more like it. There is no disipline to be heard of, teachers are screaming at kids, throwing items across the room at them, kids are being disruptive and nothing being done. My child went from a straight A report card to D's and F's. There is no teaching being done there and heaven forbid that you be the minority there. You are now the brunt of all hazing and harrassment from the other kids. Nice building, but that is the only thing worth a positive comment there. And Parents are NOT encouraged to particiate within the school.

Volney Rogers Junior High School 5

Posted May 17, 2008
you might not hear that much good news but overall the education is excellent

Volney Rogers Junior High School 4

Posted May 18, 2004
In the 2 years my child has been a student at Volney I have found the teaching staff outstanding and willing to go the extra mile to help any student who wants help. The extracurricular activities are numerous and varied. Any child can find something that interests them. As far as the administration in this school I have had very positive experiences. Any problem has been met with a willingness to reach resolution that was satisfactory to everyone involved. I feel the environment promotes learning, respect and discipline.

Posted May 03, 2004
The school has significant benefits and deficits. While most of the teachers are highly qualified, invested educators with integrity, too many of them are questionable, at best, and seem to keep thier jobs more from vestiture than from ability to teach. Administration is aggressive and unprofessional. They humiliate students and have no use for parental involvement, or interferance. The environment is violent, and very little is done to manage disciplinary issues to protect students and staff. Academic expectations are very low priority, and federal testing assesments are grossly inaccurate. Curriculum and grades are determined indiscriminately, and communication is minimal, if not non-existent. It is difficult to remove students from school, without facing 'legal' implications. My student's civil rights are commonly violated.

Volney Rogers Junior High School
2400 South Schenley, Youngstown, OH  44509
Last modified Volney Rogers Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 5-8
Volney Rogers Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top