Bad
Good

Posted April 18, 2011
Great School. The best area of Austintown, great teacher retention. Good well funded programs. PTA is super, great parental involvement.

Lloyd Elementary School 1

Posted October 16, 2010
My child was 5 when attending Llyod.For the 4 months while attending this school my child was hit,pinched,kicked,pushed,and spat upon. These actions occured in the classroom,hallway,lunch room,and playground.Af first the teacher/principal/staff said they were working with the children involved.After a few months the staff were more annoyed than helpful when I contacted them. Following an incident on the playground where ice was thrown at my child's head multiple times I was told that my child was lying about all the bullying.I was told that my child was very happy at school.My child came home bruised and crying most days. The school said my child was safe and happy at Lloyd and refused o help us.I withdrew my child for safety reasons. The principal told me "it takes 2 to tango" and that my child was just as much to blame as those that bullied

Posted December 26, 2007
I have always been an austitntown resident but I attended a different austintown elementary school. I am very happy with Lloyd. My daughter is in 3rd grade and all of her teachers have been exceptional! The only negative things I can say is that the homework schedules for the second and third grade students are very hard to keep up with for a single full time working parent. Also the PTA only has meetings during school hours. I rate a 4 1/2 out of 5 stars.

Lloyd Elementary School

Posted August 23, 2007
excellent. my son loves his school and teachers.

Lloyd Elementary School 2

Posted May 01, 2006
Lloyd has a wonderful staff, overall. Austintown LSD, however, is just too far behind everyone else! 2nd graders are given 1-minute math speed tests which are too hard and their spelling words are too difficult. Most of the parents hate that your child has to be perfect everyday in order to receive an 'A,' with a 94 - 100% grading scale. If your child misses 1 out of 10, well then forget about it. Lloyd students are only worthy of an 'A' if they are right on each and every day!

Posted January 28, 2004
Lloyd Elementary has been a spectacular change for my children! This school system is very concerned about the children and the staff is wonderful! The educational level is exceptional and the teachers (and all of the staff) are just what this world needs now--teachers who care about their students and the students' education! Best move I ever made was to the Austintown School System district!

Lloyd Elementary School