Posted September 29, 2009
Great teachers, strong close-nit family feeling!! A++

Navajo Elementary School 0

Posted September 20, 2007
I think the child needs to be responsible for his/her own medications it is to difficult for the teacher to remember everything she already has too. And for the special education program i love it. My child gets the one on one he needs that he couldnt get in the regular class. He loves mrs schaffer she is kind and patient and he looks forward to coming to school. He loves the aides also.

Navajo Elementary School 1

Posted September 12, 2007
Navajo has some great teachers if your child is in the normal limits. If your child is required to take medication it is up to the child to remember it no matter what age they are or what the problem is. I am really upset as they do not make sure that they take the medication no matter how important it is.

Navajo Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2007

Posted May 24, 2007
My daughter receives a quality education that we could not find in the Altus schools. The classes are the same size, but there are only two classes per grade, versus 5 per grade in the Altus elementary schools. The leadership is personal and friendly as well as firm. I would recommend this school to anyone new to Altus.

Posted August 02, 2006
I have 5 children in Navajo and they all love it. As parents we feel they are loved and well-taught when they are at Navajo. They have never been treated as 'the new kids' and they have been welcomed from the start. As with any child in school we supplement their education at home with re-enforcing homework, flash cards, extra reading, etc. I am pleased with the extracurricular that is offered as well as the art department. The staff is friendly and helpful and most importantly sincere.

Posted April 13, 2006
Consistent, patient, funny, compassionate, understanding. My son knows where he stands and the rules are the same everyday. These teachers have sons and know boys have a hard time sitting still. They still encourage self dicipline but there is no yelling-no demeaning words-it is constructive words. he is not overwelmed with homework-enough to establish a habit pattern of doing homework and being responsible but not so much that there is no down time after school. My son will reap the rewards of this solid foundation throughout the rest of his accedemic life. He knows how a 'real teacher' is suppost to be from spending his days with Mrs Salisbury, Thorton and Colhour. They have explained things to him, encouraged him, loved him, and diciplined him and followed through with the consequences and in the end-he never feels hated or disliked but just knows he made a bad choice.

Posted August 20, 2005
- a former student
I am a Navajo Alumni and would have to strongly disagree with the negative reviews of this school. This is one of the better schools in the community and it cares about its youth and their education. I can't believe that the example cited regarding less than perfect kids is a true characterization of this school. The administration, faculty and school board work very diligently to see that everyone is a winner that attends this school.

Navajo Elementary School 2

Posted April 26, 2005
I agree about the special needs. We are Unfortunate enough to live in this district. It doesn't push the special needs children to reach their full potential. They do put a small effort forward but do not follow the IEP... And for your childs sake don't complain. Really upsetting as Altus won't transfer my Special Needs Child but will my normal child. It's sad as I know they push the children to do the best they can. I fear that my child will not even come close to his full potential because of this school. As for my other child as long as he is good and does well on his grades he will make it there. But let a parent complain about something and see how fast the grades drop and how much trouble your child gets into. They take it out on the children. IT is a safe school.

Navajo Elementary School 1

Posted February 27, 2005

Navajo Elementary School
15695 South County Road 210, Altus, OK  73521
Last modified Navajo Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Navajo Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top