Bad
Good

As a former student of this school who attended it for my entire school life (K-12), I am very happy I went here. Some of the reviews on here are kind of flawed as in not offering extracurricular activity. That is not entirely the schools fault. I know that when the school wanted some of that stuff they just could not get funding or volunteers to help out. And when it comes to the social aspect for the children, it's all what they make of it. I'm not gonna argue about the political part of the school because that is true and if you do have a certain last name you will get special treatment. But the acedemics, they are top notch. If the student feels that they are struggeling they can talk to a teacher, or if the work is to easy they can get extra assignments no questions asked. The ability to walk in and talk to the principal or even the superintendent for parents or students is remarkable. Normally you would have to make an appointment for this. My experiance at this school will always be treasured.

My Daughter went to Altus High in the Late 80's. My son in law went to Navajo. Yes Altus Has better things as band football ect.. But I am just a nobody not any person with a name nor do my grandkids have a well know name.They have a better education at Navajo. Look at it this way, small class rooms. That means one on one with students. To me sports,Band etc. does not make a school it is reading writing ect. As far as book reports I can say my grandkids had them for I spent time many nights helping them ,seeing them do the reports.I also have two that makes supertendent honor roll most of the time. SO MY HAT GOES OFF TO NAVAJO SCHOOL. A very proud grandma. P.S. Also can contact teachers at home with any questions you may have about your child.

Navajo school is a very good, especially for its size. Althought they aren't able to offer what larger schools offer (football, band, etc.), they do provide quality academics, as well as extracurriular activities such as basketball, softball, baseball, cheer, music and art clubs, and other opportunities. The teachers are nice, easy to talk to, and seem geniunely interested in the students. Our children love their school.

Navajo has sports programs and a music programs; one of the faculty was just recently selected Teacher of the Year and she is a Navajo alumnus. This school is a great school with a very high standard for education, if you want your child to get a high quality education, send them to Navajo!!

My children have been going to this school for the past 3 years. They both have excelled in their studies. Both of them are involved in sports. There is a music program and the teacher has offered new this year a music club. My children our both active in it and other clubs. Before we came to this we home schooled for 2 years. They went to a different public school before this. Both children are proud of their school and the parent involvement in both classes is good. I have a Junior and a 8th grader.

We moved our kids to Navajo because of their past reputation in academics. That was 1995, this is 2007 and wish I had never done so. I don't know how they gained that reputation, but I have several older children and they have never even written a book report. There is no music, art or sports programs to speak of. This is a very political school.

Last modified Navajo High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.