Altus, OK

Sunset Elementary School 1

Posted February 16, 2015
Sending my kids to this school was the worst thing I have done as a parent. In our experience, we have 2 special needs kids with IEPs. I had a hard time getting kids out of the van alone and requested a helper meet us outside or a bus to get them and the principal refused both! I have 4 vertebrae out of alignment so I am limited with what I can do as far as speed. I did the best I could but the principal called the state only telling them my kids were missing school. 1 minute makes a tardy=3 tardies make a 1 day absent. When I told my side and I had proof it, the state dropped the investigation immediately. I moved my children to a different school that guaranteed to meets their needs but Sunset refused to send their files (including IEPs) to the new school. The principal of my kids' new school had to call state education administration and inform them Sunset Elementary was violating federal law. I hope other people's school experience is better but this school, for us, it was a waste of time and tax payer's money.

Sunset Elementary School 1

Posted August 22, 2011
The principle was great. However my child had a hard time transitioning from another state. I wasn't pleased with his teacher. He cried every day on the way to school and home. I changed schools and now he's doing great.

Sunset Elementary School

Posted May 03, 2009
very nice employee,clean ,safe but have all different community level so some kids need more attention for their behavior,

Sunset Elementary School 5

Posted March 20, 2006
100% Top Notch! They have a super school, inclding the teachers, Administrative staff and Principal! We could not be happier.

Sunset Elementary School 5

Posted July 29, 2004
Excellent school with top notch teacher involvement/concern for the students' well-being and education!

Sunset Elementary School
1830 Sunset Drive, Altus, OK  73521
Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sunset Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top