Bad
Good

Sending my kids to this school was the worst thing I have done as a parent. In our experience, we have 2 special needs kids with IEPs. I had a hard time getting kids out of the van alone and requested a helper meet us outside or a bus to get them and the principal refused both! I have 4 vertebrae out of alignment so I am limited with what I can do as far as speed. I did the best I could but the principal called the state only telling them my kids were missing school. 1 minute makes a tardy=3 tardies make a 1 day absent. When I told my side and I had proof it, the state dropped the investigation immediately. I moved my children to a different school that guaranteed to meets their needs but Sunset refused to send their files (including IEPs) to the new school. The principal of my kids' new school had to call state education administration and inform them Sunset Elementary was violating federal law. I hope other people's school experience is better but this school, for us, it was a waste of time and tax payer's money.

The principle was great. However my child had a hard time transitioning from another state. I wasn't pleased with his teacher. He cried every day on the way to school and home. I changed schools and now he's doing great.

very nice employee,clean ,safe but have all different community level so some kids need more attention for their behavior,

Last modified Sunset Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.