Anadarko, OK

Posted November 20, 2011
I disagree with some, and agree with others. Anadarko needs to put there foot down in bullying, and also parents. I was bullied, my kids was bullied, so we moved to a zero tolerance school. They just wanna get the kids in and out so they pass them even though they need to stay and learn more. I was a victim of both, it needs to come to someone's attention on the bullying though. It's got to stop

Anadarko High School 4

Posted March 06, 2009
Hi, i am a former student of ahs and i would have to say that anadarko and its schools are a great place. The teachers at the school are great and they care about the students and there dreams. Pep rallys and sports are a really moral booster for alot of people. I blame most of the problems on the kids that attend the school, they just are not motivated and i think that it would be hard to help a person that has already gave up before the teachers even got to meet them. I have seen some bright students graduate from this school and some that dont care. Overall i think that its not the teachers and its not the parents, it is the student that has to make the decision. They need to grow up and take controll of there life.

Posted July 07, 2008
The Teachers are great? I have a real problem with that! My son recently graduated from AHS. I attended every parent teacher conference and the attitude of most of the teachers seemed to prove the comments of my son. They just don't care. He is no more ready for College than my grade school aged Daughter. I attended school in Anadarko and there fore I believe that I know about Anadarko Schools. The administration are a bunch of yes ma'am'ers. they tell you what they think you want to hear. The is definately lots of room for improvement.

Anadarko High School

Posted January 08, 2008
The teachers at Andarko High School are Great! The system has changed so much! They Have stepped up. We have really been doing good in basketball and we did good in football and wrestling, we are doing very well in sports this year! I would like to end this with one of my thoughts about Andadarko High School, it is a great school syste and they have imporved alot!

Anadarko High School 3

Posted June 18, 2006
The teachers are great and they offer a very broad curriculum includiang ACT prep, and AP and honor classes, the school is very divers which is great because those of us going to college will be used to different people there is also great extra curiccular activity participation here! I am president of STUCO at AHS and DRUM MAJOR so I hope that gives me some credibiltiy but the parent involvement stinks! Remember parents it is you that should know what we are doing and how we are doing in school. That is what the problem here is, to many parents dont care about their childrens behavier or their academic performance! So overall this school is in a toss up right now but my goal is to make this school one of the best in the state and with parent and teacher support all is possible!

Anadarko High School 2

Posted October 05, 2005
in response to the other review of anadarko. no AHS is not a great school by any means. the curriculum is too easy and the teachers aren't hard enough. also they put way too much time and effort into pep rallies especially football which honestly they're not good at. but one thing that anadarko has yet to be terrible at is their relations with the native americans that go there. considering that more than half of the enrollment is native american and more than half of the faculty is the same how can someone say that the relations with the native americans isn't good. they are treated with the same respect as any other student in that school and just like the white kids and the african americans, the ones that try and encouraged whereas the ones that cause problems and don't want to learn are treated just that way.

Posted July 01, 2004
Anadarko High School always had a problem with student faculty relations with Native American students. Instead of tearing these children down, they need to try and encourage them, and build them up. Few of the faculty members are decent people, but the majority need to have their whole scope of what should be taught and how to handle these students redirected. Derogatory statements made by faculty(i.e. princpals and teachers)in regards to students shouldn't be a part of the learning process. Serious reform should be made.

Anadarko High School
1400 Warrior Drive, Anadarko, OK  73005
Last modified Anadarko High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anadarko High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top