Posted September 29, 2014
Plainview High school is the best there is. I am a former graduate and was very prepared to go to college. The teachers cared about me and went out of the way to help if you didn't understand something. The Algebra teacher would help me after class when I had problems in that class. And the classes are relatively small. Most of them had less than 20 students and were actively involved in the students. I would definately recommend this school to anyone living in Ardmore. As for the negative comments about it being about money, status, etc. I never noticed that in the 10 years that i attended school there. Great school and great teachers!

Posted April 08, 2014
If I was moving to the Ardmore area I would not send my child to Plainview School Distract. All they care about is the State and Fed ratings. The students are taught the test for the test. Plainview "Was" a great school the best in the Ardmore area after the latest administration took over it has become a third rate school.

Posted January 14, 2014
Awful. The material is to hard for your average students. The teachers do not care if you have trouble and do not do a good job of explaining the work. The students are very rude and look down on you if you are different. They only like you if you have tons of money and wear designer clothes. All of Plainview is awful.

Posted August 20, 2010
The 2010-2011 school year is the first year in 23 years that I will not have a child at Plainview. I have seen this school grow from a good country school to a first class, highly regarded, school system. Plainview schools achieve high rankings because of great parent involvement and excellent teachers. Rigor is a mainstay of the schools. My youngest son, who is in a national honors program in college, told me that his course work at college is easier than Plainview. Plainview prepares students to succeed.

Posted October 02, 2009

Posted September 30, 2009

Posted July 27, 2009
Personally I believe Plainview is all about money. If your parents make a lot of money, you will do better at Plainview schools. As in teachers will give you better grades, and you can get away with a lot more (ex. not having to follow dress code). The staff isn't alone on judging you on the amount of money you have, the students do it as well, even in elementary school. If you don't wear name brands kids will make fun of you, and I don't believe it is a good environment to be raised in.

Posted June 25, 2009

Posted January 27, 2009
I attended Plainview Schools from pre-school through High school and graduated in 2006. I was completely prepared for college! I am currently finishing up my Junior year, and I still have a 4.0. When I get married and start a family I definitely want my children attending Plainview Schools. Teachers were great, school spirit was great, and it was just an overall good atmosphere. Other schools in the area just don't compare!

Posted January 06, 2009
This school is very good. You child will learn much more than they would at any other school. Go to school here.

Plainview High School
1140 South Plainview Road, Ardmore, OK  73401
Last modified Plainview High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Plainview High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top