Ardmore, OK

Ardmore High School 1

Posted January 16, 2014
Well, I started this year out as a sophomore and honestly I hated it. I came for a bigger school and I figured ardmore was going to be a good place. Forget it, the teachers are awful and do not care what so ever!! The students are so rude and non excepting. Me as a person can make friends easily but here they make it near to impossible. So rude and hateful. The sports is just all about who you are and who you know. Just favoritism. If you can send your child to ANY other place I reccomend you do that. Take it from me a former student.

Ardmore High School 3

Posted December 15, 2013
As with any thing, there is the good side and there is the bad side. Ardmore High School has some great teachers and administrators. A hierarchy does exist in the school, but, it is high school so I didn't expect any less. However, this hierarchy doesn't base on wealth necessarily but on how active you are in the school. It is always up to the student as to how he/she want to be perceived. If you want to be recognized then you need to be out there doing things with people who you don't like. If you can't be friend then at least be civil. That's how you get yourself ready for college and life or else you would be invisible. Sad but true. As for teachers taking favorites, that is because those people make the teachers feel respected. If you respect your teachers and act politely then your life would flow like a river. Save what left of your high school career and hopefully, you will improve your high school experience.

Ardmore High School 1

Posted October 21, 2013
My school is absolutely horrible. I'm currently a junior enrolled in Ardmore High (Not for long) and the entire school Is just plain horrible. The faculty is beyond poor, the students are ingrates and area is gang infested. The racial tension I think enough to get cut with a knife if you're the one handling said knife. The athletics are beyond rigged; the coaches pick favorites and new comers don't get a chance at all. Same for the band and "arts" teachers. To have a good teacher is one in a million. Same can be said for the fellow students. If you're new in the school, god luck making quality friends. Rumors are spread faster than fire on gasoline. This happened to me and a girl I went to school with. Overall this is a HORRIBLE school. I'm posting this on October 21st, 2013 and I am a student of this dreadful pit. The school is beyond repair.

Ardmore High School

Posted March 05, 2008
Ardmore Highschool is the best school that i have ever attended the teachers are great i admit there are sum mediocre rules that i dont agree with but other then that it is great it prepares you for the real world and i love that when i have kids i will deffinitly send them to AHS.

Ardmore High School 5

Posted July 09, 2007
I am not from Ardmore but have sent all four of my children through the Ardmore school system. I have not had one single problem with racial issues. My children have graduated and gone on to complete college at major universities. I like that not all of the children in Ardmore schools come from high society and so children can see diversity in life and don't think that everyone should live in wealth. I can tell you countless stories about the wonderful teachers that my children have had in the Ardmore Public schools. I think that the realty companies are very biased in there opinions of where a new person should send their children to school. Higher house prices give realtors bigger checks in their pockets. I highly recommend Ardmore schools for your child if you want a well rounded child.

Ardmore High School 5

Posted May 23, 2007
As an Ardmore High grad, I can say that I was well prepared for the real world. Due to my high school education, college was a breeze. I will be sending my children to AHS, no doubt!

Ardmore High School 4

Posted October 14, 2006
i'm a grad of ardmore schools. now i am considering sending my daughter there. i feel that the diverse atmosphere is educational-no tension for myself. i played cello for 8 years-something i couldn't have done elsewhere. i also enrolled in college level classes in high school..because i was prepared.

Ardmore High School 4

Posted January 02, 2006
I went to ardmore and i turned out fine. I belive that going to a school that has such a diversity has made me a beeter person. The issue dealing with teachers should be dropped. There a many good teachers at the high school and i would challenge some to go to any five A school and find a perfect staff of teachers. Ardmore is a good school and there is no school that is perfect. But i do know that any person that does go there will be able to live well in the real world where there are blacks, hispanics, whites, indians, and othere races are all around. I am attending college and i am doing very well. So if all you have to talk about is racial problems. then go to some other schools across the state and you will see Ardmore is not that bad.

Ardmore High School 2

Posted October 05, 2005
I agree with Jack Spencer there is alot of racial tension in Ardmore Schools that you won't find in the other schools in this District.There seems to be alot of drug and gang activity that isn't handled very well. I also agree the teachers aren't exactly the best. They do have a good football team though.

Ardmore High School 2

Posted December 30, 2004
Just a mediocre school. A few good teachers, alot of not so good. Racial tensions very high between White and indian, and African American Students. Administration feels school should be run like Army camp!

Ardmore High School
701 Veterans Boulevard, Ardmore, OK  73401
Last modified Ardmore High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ardmore High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top