Posted February 06, 2014
Considering where we are, and given the entire educational system in Oklahoma, Beggs is one of the best schools I have seen here. The teachers are unaccountably enthusiastic, the atmosphere is friendly and encouraging, and the music and arts programs put this school in rarefied air. These teachers, these administrators, and this staff, deserves high praise. Thank you.

Posted May 29, 2013
I have 4 children in the Elementery School and have had the best teachers and staff. My children love their school. More parents need to be involved in activities and class participation.

Posted October 19, 2009

Posted February 26, 2009

Posted July 02, 2008
I really wish that parents that complain about the district would try to become more involved before they criticize. The parental involvement is very low, in the elementary alone they are always looking for parent volunteers for various activities. I have one child in each of the buildings and have been very impressed by the quality of staff and their involvement with my children and the education they have received. I think the Administration has done a fine job making sure the BEST teachers are hired in Beggs and I stand behind all of their decisions! And yes, I read the Board meeting minutes every month on the website. And, Board Members are elected in a general election by all community members (not hand picked) - if you don't like the board members, get out and vote!

Posted December 04, 2007

Posted September 01, 2006
The education system at Beggs is unacceptable. Obtaining appropriate services for our special needs child was an uphill battle. Children are denied proper evaluation and testing for learning disabilities because of 'budget restraints'. Test scores place us near the bottom compared to schools in our area. Nepotism is rampant. Good teachers efforts are undermined by those in the 'click' that don't do their share of the teaching. Parental involvement is low unless you are in the 'click'. I was astonished and angered to see where and to whom the money for our children's education is going. I encourage other parents to ask questions, attend school board meetings, elect school board members that are not in the 'click' or a 'rubber stamp' for administration. Children are our greatest natural resource!

Posted August 19, 2006
I have to say, I have no complaints of the school. My parents, myself, and now my children have all received our education at Beggs. I enjoy knowing that the teachers who are there will be there for many years. They have all made sure that my children's needs have been met, whatever the need may be.

Beggs Elementary School 2

Posted July 06, 2006
I do not believe Beggs can provide quality teachers since hiring practices are based on family relations, friendships, and mostly church affiliation. Disciplinary actions and sports involvement, even on elementary level, are also affected by church affiliation. Over 70% of students qualify for free or reduced meals yet parents are expected to spend up to $75.00 just for school supplies. Check out the latest supply list for 6th and 7th grades. Ridiculous! I do not agree with the latest teacher pay raise. The teachers are hardly at work anymore further driving up the cost for parents' daycare. I'm sure their church will be happy with the latest payraise. Parent involvement is on the rise. High rate of substitutes because of teachers taking sick days off and parents having to babysit because of all the school breaks.

Posted April 29, 2004

Beggs Elementary School
1201 West Ninth Street, Beggs, OK  74421
Last modified Beggs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Beggs Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top