Bethany, OK

Posted January 03, 2008
I feel good about this school. My daughter attends 1st grade and has been a student since pre-k. I have been to the plays and open houses and other little events over the years and the principal is always in view and involved. The staff is very friendly and my daughter has loved every one of her teachers. Their teaching skills are very eeeffective fro my daughter

Posted September 19, 2006
I have been pleased with WOE for four years.They have some great Christian teachers and the Principle is a strong presence who is friendly and positive about learning.He seems to be available and very involved.I do not know how he is to work for. WOE has alot of great ideas for 'FUN' days of school spirit and 100th day of school. However parent & Student involvement I feel is Low. WOE complies with high safety rules and keeps classrooms locked.They are safe from outsiders However no school is safe from the students. Discipline like all public schools is too easy. Because society won't allow them to discipline our children properly and make them afraid to misbehave in school WOE has the same discipline problems as every other school. That is our fault not the schools. I have been very Pleased with WOE and feel good sending my daughters there.All day Kindergarten...is Great.

Posted September 18, 2006
I love Western Oaks, I attended as a child in the 70's.All of the teachers and leaders are so postive. They encourage parental involvement. They offer parenting classes free.

Posted July 14, 2005
This year has been a good year for Western Oaks. With the arrival of Mr. Eichelberger and his school wide discipline plan came consistency and structure. As a teacher myself, I so enjoyed seeing the wonderful changes that were occuring this past year. I enjoyed them so much so that I hope to be teaching at Western Oaks in the near future. I believe that positive things will continue at this school considering the level of committment this new administrative team has shown.

Western Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted July 08, 2005
The principal at this school was great, however how often they were let aware of half of the mishaps at the school I feel was very few. My child (5 years old) was found outside several times during the school year unattended. The time limit on the kindergarteners was rediculous. They were forced to eat snack by shoveling it into their mouth so they could hurry and get out the door. Not ok. They need time. Learn to not always rush and make so many mistakes in life. Slow down Western Oaks. Life is going no where. We will all be here. No one is going any where (unless they are allowed outside of the school alone and kidnapped.)

Posted April 23, 2005
I have 2 children who attend this school and I think it's a great school. Mrs. Hodges (K), Mrs. Moffeit & Mrs. Floan (Pre-K)and Mrs. Hamilton (2) have all been wonderful teachers who are great at working with parents. However, I felt there was an overreaction by the school when my oldest son got in trouble for something that my husband and I didn't really think was a big deal. Also, they are not that careful when it comes to others picking up my children. A friend of mine went to pick up my kids and nobody questioned her even though she was not on the list to pick them up. Overall though it's a great school that has really helped my kids go above and beyond. The literacy program helped bring my son from below level to 2 levels above where he needs to be.

Posted February 07, 2005
I can't comment on the school as a whole, because we don't have kids in every class. I will say that at the beginning of the year, we had behavioral problems with our child. The school was willing to help, willing to work the problems out. His teacher, Mrs. Hodges, has been EXCELLENT, very helpful, very understanding, very kind and non-judgmental. She has made it possible for him to succeed and we are extremely grateful. The VP has also been helpful in assisting with this. I am a little upset that they have lunch 1 1/2 hours after arriving at school and have such a very short amount of time to eat. It isn't healthy and makes it difficult for them in the afternoon because they eat so early. I would have to rate the school as being average, but his teacher I rate at the highest level! Thanks! Charly Johnston

Western Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2004
The school was great for the year 03/04, this year though is not so good, Mr. Christy is no longer there he is at another school, The new Principal and Vice Principal are too easy and I put my child in this school to get him away from bullies and this year the bullies are back, I put my child in this school, to give him a fresh break and when he reports being bullied he gets told not to tattle. These new administrators have a double standard, and I have had to resort in telling my child to go ahead and defend himself because the Administrators and teachers can't seen to protect my child. My child is not always innocent but no child for no matter what reason should be bullied. I am looking at homeschooling or private school.

Posted April 28, 2004
This school rocks! The teachers and staff are the greatest. My children have really blossemed. My children have attended Western Oaks for 5 years. The negative stuff the other parent wrote about will occur at any school (even private). The relationships my children and I have made over the years are pricless. The teachers and staff here are the cream of the crop. I wish I could pack the entire school and staff up and take them to our new town that we are moving to. The key to a successful education is the communication and the parent involvement. The relationships you develop are priceless and will last a lifetime. I personally want to give kudos to each and every teacher and staff member at Western Oaks... and to thank them for making a difference in the life of my child. Thank you so much and keep up the great work!

Western Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2004
I am not sure about the school yet. Nothing great about the school has reached out and caught my attention. I do not care for some of the students behaviors in my daughters class though. She is being taught things that I do not care for.

Western Oaks Elementary School
7210 Northwest 23rd Street, Bethany, OK  73008
Last modified Western Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top