Central Elementary School

Public | PK-3 | 852 students

Posted December 23, 2012

I have had 1 child attend here and the the 2nd is there now. I personally know many of the teachers/admins there and they are not only great educators, but people as well. Zero complaints here!

Posted November 9, 2012

This school is fantastic. The principal has always had a very welcoming ear to address our concerns and compliments. My child's teachers have all been wonderful educators excelling my child beyond the minimum standards. And we have attended other schools in other states to compare it to.

Posted September 22, 2010

It has all of the ingredients to be a perfect school. Several different cultures are represented as well as a wide range of income, from our community workers (fireman & policeman to doctors & the wealthiest in the Tulsa area). The staff is enthusiastic about what they do and it flows down to our students.

Posted September 21, 2010

It is a wonderful school with a small town feel where you actually know most everyone!

Posted September 21, 2010

Central Elementary is an excellent school with committed teachers and great parental involvement. Our daughter is thriving there.

Posted June 15, 2009

We love Central. Both of my kids have attended Central and are happy and well prepared!

Posted July 13, 2008

My child has attended Central for 4 years. It is a wonderful school. She has had superior teachers that are creative and very kind. Central offers a great education to its students. Dr. Delana McManus

Posted July 5, 2008

We have had 2 children go to this school for a number of years. Very good overall, however, when they move to 5th grade, they are unprepared. It is not the school's fault, but the Administration's.

Posted June 2, 2007

My two children have gone to Central for two years. We have really enjoyed the school. The kindergarten and first grade curriculum is very thorough! The teachers are pleasant and the atmosphere is more of a small town feel.

Posted January 27, 2006

I love Central the small school system the community the teachers and the willingness of the parents involvement. I have available all my childs papers and grades at my fingertips. Any help my child or I need they are more than willing to assist.

Posted August 5, 2005

Love the Bixby School System! My son has gone to this school for the last 3yrs and I only have great things to say about his teachers,counslers and the staff that work there. They really seem to care for the children and the teachers he(my son) has had so far really keep me as a parent updated on what is going on in class. Thanks for all your hard work Brown Gray!

Grade level

Math

The state average for Math was 76% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2013.

134 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2013

2011

2010

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2012-2013 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, and grades 5 and 8 in science and writing. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Source: Oklahoma State Department of Education

Native American 8% 16%
Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 1% 2%
Source: State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 133%N/A61%
Special education 215%N/A15%
Source: 1 NCES, 2011-2012
Source: 2 State of Oklahoma Office of Educational Quality and Accountability, 2012-2013

• Lydia Wilson

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Targeted Assistance program (TAS)

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

201 South Main Street