Bixby, OK
Students enrolled: 1,528

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
We transferred out of state and moved to this area because of Bixbys rating. We have found the elementary and intermediate school to be satisfactory but the middle school and high school is awful. Faculty is incompetent and does not work well with students and parents. Unfortunately my elementary kids had harder homework than my high school students. Very disappointed that in core classes they give you "participation" points and do not grade the homework.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 29, 2015
Usually no homework and core classes are graded on participation not quality of work. Very poor

Develops respect: Disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
Some teachers try to be friends with the students and not mentors. Too many young teachers at the high school

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 29, 2015
One daughter had surgery on voting feet and teachers would not work with her on keeping books in class, dismissing her early, or helping her get to class. She was actually knocked to the ground and had to be taken to dr. Thought we might have to redo the surgery

Bixby High School 1

Posted June 29, 2015
We moved to this area because of Bixbys rating. The elementary and intermediate schools are satisfactory but the Middle School and High Schools are awful. Faculty is incompetent and not willing to work with parents and students. Unfortunately my elementary kids had harder homework and more accountability than my high school kids. Instead of grading their work they receive "participation" points. Very disappointed and we will be moving from this area

Bixby High School 3

Posted May 18, 2015
Certain teachers bring the best out in their students. The three stars are for them.

Bixby High School 2

Posted April 28, 2015
My daughter has attended Bixby schools since 4th grade and my son attended from 9th-11th. Both of my children have experienced issues with racial tension, and the a lot of students are flat out mean and rude if you are not rich. There is a LOT of religious discrimination too. If you are not a christian you are made to feel like there is something wrong with you by students and teachers. Academics were not good either. Most kids failed their EOI's and AP tests. I had to teach my kids how to do a lot of their homework because the teachers just hand out work and don't teach and sit on computers goofing off and get an attitude if the student asks for help. One teacher even through a phone across the room after "having a bad day", and other teachers have yelled and cussed at students. My son got chlorine poisoning (I had to call poison control after he came home coughing and wheezing), and after I called the swim coach didn't care at all, and the principal said, "so what do you expect me to do?" Complete indifference from teachers and administrators. My daughter is ready to leave Bixby schools, and we are moving in order to do just that.

Bixby High School 1

Posted December 05, 2013
The Principle is very very rude, i have know clue how other parents can deal with how they treat people. Yes, they are a good high star school but no one pays attention on how they treat our kids! Mrs.Principle tryed to suspend my kid for "Rude" behavior, well, sorry ma'am you should learn how to handle a child and their "attitudes"

Bixby High School 5

Posted March 24, 2013
I transferred my two children to Bixby schools when they were going into 7th and 10th grade. I was blown away by the welcoming atmosphere of the school. There are plenty of AP classes, or you can choose concurrent enrollment at TCC for enrichment. There are good fine arts programs and athletics are open to everyone that is academically eligible. Both of my children received scholarships to college based on ACT scores and grades. If you like the idea of a school that has an economically diverse student body which allows all students to fit in, you will love Bixby,

Bixby High School 5

Posted November 21, 2012
Amazing school. I transferred my three children in from surrounding schools and the transition was very smooth. I've seen a lot on here about the school being very political but I have not had that experience. The staff, teachers and counselors have gone out of there way to make my children's learning experience a good one. After four years, I couldn't imagine them graduating from any other school. My only complaint is that for being a 6A school, the athletic programs are not yet comparable to other 6A schools, but Bixby is definitely making strides in the right direction.

601 South Riverview Drive, Bixby, OK  74008
Last modified Bixby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bixby High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top