Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

They hired an Elvis impersonator to teach and coach. Enough said. Elvis would probably serve jail time for his shady past, preying on young girls and doing pills. Shame on the district for hiring the distraction. He also bragged about sleeping with a younger teacher at his last job.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My 8th grader has about 1 to 2 and a half hours of home work a night. Neither one of my kids in high school have had more than 2 hours of homework in a single week this year but they get A's and B's.

Develops character: Disagree

We transferred out of state and moved to this area because of Bixbys rating. We have found the elementary and intermediate school to be satisfactory but the middle school and high school is awful. Faculty is incompetent and does not work well with students and parents. Unfortunately my elementary kids had harder homework than my high school students. Very disappointed that in core classes they give you "participation" points and do not grade the homework.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Usually no homework and core classes are graded on participation not quality of work. Very poor

We moved to this area because of Bixbys rating. The elementary and intermediate schools are satisfactory but the Middle School and High Schools are awful. Faculty is incompetent and not willing to work with parents and students. Unfortunately my elementary kids had harder homework and more accountability than my high school kids. Instead of grading their work they receive "participation" points. Very disappointed and we will be moving from this area

Certain teachers bring the best out in their students. The three stars are for them.

My daughter has attended Bixby schools since 4th grade and my son attended from 9th-11th. Both of my children have experienced issues with racial tension, and the a lot of students are flat out mean and rude if you are not rich. There is a LOT of religious discrimination too. If you are not a christian you are made to feel like there is something wrong with you by students and teachers. Academics were not good either. Most kids failed their EOI's and AP tests. I had to teach my kids how to do a lot of their homework because the teachers just hand out work and don't teach and sit on computers goofing off and get an attitude if the student asks for help. One teacher even through a phone across the room after "having a bad day", and other teachers have yelled and cussed at students. My son got chlorine poisoning (I had to call poison control after he came home coughing and wheezing), and after I called the swim coach didn't care at all, and the principal said, "so what do you expect me to do?" Complete indifference from teachers and administrators. My daughter is ready to leave Bixby schools, and we are moving in order to do just that.

The Principle is very very rude, i have know clue how other parents can deal with how they treat people. Yes, they are a good high star school but no one pays attention on how they treat our kids! Mrs.Principle tryed to suspend my kid for "Rude" behavior, well, sorry ma'am you should learn how to handle a child and their "attitudes"

I transferred my two children to Bixby schools when they were going into 7th and 10th grade. I was blown away by the welcoming atmosphere of the school. There are plenty of AP classes, or you can choose concurrent enrollment at TCC for enrichment. There are good fine arts programs and athletics are open to everyone that is academically eligible. Both of my children received scholarships to college based on ACT scores and grades. If you like the idea of a school that has an economically diverse student body which allows all students to fit in, you will love Bixby,

Amazing school. I transferred my three children in from surrounding schools and the transition was very smooth. I've seen a lot on here about the school being very political but I have not had that experience. The staff, teachers and counselors have gone out of there way to make my children's learning experience a good one. After four years, I couldn't imagine them graduating from any other school. My only complaint is that for being a 6A school, the athletic programs are not yet comparable to other 6A schools, but Bixby is definitely making strides in the right direction.

Last modified Bixby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.