Posted March 24, 2013
I transferred my two children to Bixby schools when they were going into 7th and 10th grade. I was blown away by the welcoming atmosphere of the school. There are plenty of AP classes, or you can choose concurrent enrollment at TCC for enrichment. There are good fine arts programs and athletics are open to everyone that is academically eligible. Both of my children received scholarships to college based on ACT scores and grades. If you like the idea of a school that has an economically diverse student body which allows all students to fit in, you will love Bixby,

Posted November 21, 2012
Amazing school. I transferred my three children in from surrounding schools and the transition was very smooth. I've seen a lot on here about the school being very political but I have not had that experience. The staff, teachers and counselors have gone out of there way to make my children's learning experience a good one. After four years, I couldn't imagine them graduating from any other school. My only complaint is that for being a 6A school, the athletic programs are not yet comparable to other 6A schools, but Bixby is definitely making strides in the right direction.

Posted April 18, 2012
Bixby High School is great if your child is popular or a faculty members child. Other wise do not expect any encouragement or support. It is still run like a 2a school with the good ol buddy system. The counselors are unbelievably bad, which was the biggest surprise to me considering it is a 6a school. The teachers seem to be more concerned with being accepted by the popular kids than with teaching. I have one child graduating and have no intentions of my other kids going to the this high school. Many people pull their kids out of the school system to other high schools.

Posted May 19, 2009
Bixby has excellent facilities, average teachers, average administrators, poor counselors, good extracurricular activities, and a mediocre academic record. The EOI test results lag behind most suburban schools in Tulsa County and AP test scores are also below average. In addition to the administration not placing a high priority on improving its faculty, the trimester system also contributes to the relatively poor record on these tests by the students of this affluent community.

Bixby High School 4

Posted June 26, 2008
Moving to the midwest from a large southern state it has truly been wonderful in Bixby. My son loves Bixby ROTC and has had nothing but great experiences. Every school will have their negatives along with the positives but overall Bixby is a very good high school.

Posted June 26, 2008

Posted December 09, 2007
I went to Bixby and GRADUATED FROM BIXBY! WOW, WHO CARES! Bixby is a very political school! It's all about who you know that gets you anywhere in that school! I would never send my kids to this school. There were things that happened at Bixby when I was going there, that is unspeakable. Sad to see some people, seeing this as a GREAT SCHOOL! In all reality, open your eyes people.

Posted September 23, 2007
Wonderful school! I'm a moral country girl and let me tell you, no matter your income you will fit right in. Everyone is so nice, and every teacher I have is great. The Ag. program is a A+++++++++++.

Posted July 02, 2007
I just recently moved to Bixby High School. Let me say, I ABSOLUTLY LOVE IT! Everyone is so nice and it was extremely easy to make friends. The teachers have been great. The sports programs are excellent. The bad program rocks, winning 2006 OBA. Any future student coming to Bixby should not be scared at all! A wonderful school.

Bixby High School 3

Posted November 23, 2006
- a former student
I graduated from Bixby 3 years ago. I would have to argue that Bixby Public Schools is good up until high school. The AP program is declining every year. They have a wide variety of AP classes, but most of the teachers are not confident in their area of study, and that is reflected in their teaching. The extracurricular activities are good and teach discipline. Our band has always been very good and our sports are becoming more competetive with every year. I have known a good number of people go to schools with full rides in music, which is a testament to the music program at Bixby.

Bixby High School
601 South Riverview Drive, Bixby, OK  74008
Last modified Bixby High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bixby High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top