Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 10, 2016
This is our 1st year at Peters. Mrs. Hallum is one of the best pre-k teachers I have ever witnessed.. She has a gift and I'm so lucky she had my child in her class... I love the school!!

Posted June 07, 2014
I went to this school for 3 years. From kindergarten to 2nd grade. I loved the teachers and staff. But, like every school there was bullying. I had gotten bullied in kindergarten. I told teachers and the principal but nobody did anything.

Posted June 04, 2014
I agree with what the parents are saying about over crowding and about the teachers. The teachers are great! They work with you and keep you informed about your children. But the school is way overcrowded. My kindergartener had 25 kids in her class this year and no teacher's aid. It was too many and 4 of the kids in my daughter's class were in private tutoring (Kumon) to make up the difference.

Peters Elementary School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
This school is clearly struggling with over crowding. The teacher herself has even stated severly disturbing news to me, as a parent. The classroom is disorganized and the student run ramped, on the desk, under the desk.... everywhere. Homework folders are confusing, and the students do not seem like they are being lead. I am looking for a way to get my child into a different organization.

Posted January 24, 2011
As with all schools in Oklahoma, funding is an issue. The school is currently struggling with classroom overcrowding. 23 kids in a kindergarten class with no teacher's assistant is ridiculous. Most of the teachers are good and care about their jobs.

Posted May 12, 2010
I had three sons going to Peters one still attends the school. I pulled my kindergartner out because of of student teacher ratio. There are 23-25 students per class. My kindergartner is now working at a first grade level from home. My first grader(that is still attending Peters) still seems to have trouble reading despite my efforts from home. Its not the teachers its the district.

Posted November 10, 2008
I love Peters it is a warm and caring school. The teachers are kind and thoughtful. The education is challenging and rewarding.

Posted January 23, 2008
We are new to Peters, this being our first year. My daughter is in 3rd grade. So far it has been a wonderful experience for us. The staff and students are so polite and they are well organized. We are pleased.

Posted October 12, 2006
I am very happy that my childs first school experience is in a place that we love. His teacher is wonderful, the drop off and pick up routine is very well organized, everyone I've talked to has been helpful and friendly, and I feel that he will be safe and encouraged and have fun after I leave. (He is in Pre-K).

Posted October 10, 2004
My daughter is now in the 3rd grade. Her experiences at school have been both good and bad. The best part of the bad experiences is she has been able to learn from the experience. She loves her teachers and her school. As a parent, I am pleased with the individual attention the teachers and principal show towards the students and the parents.

2900 West College Street, Broken Arrow, OK  74012
Last modified Peters Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.