Arrowhead Elementary School 4

Posted June 17, 2014
I absolutely LOVE Arrowhead and I'm so glad I put my kids there. Yes, PUT them there. I wanted them out of TPS and made the decision to move them to BA schools. What a difference!! The classes aren't so full that they're overflowing. The teachers are really nice and willing to help. The staff in general are very friendly, and the principal is literally the most amazing person in education I'm ever met. She will not be there next year but the new principal is an amazing replacement. I've never seen a school go so far out of there way to help the kids learn, and not just in the usual ways. They do creative, fun things that break out of the same old box that bores kids. The have events that pull the entire school together, have weekly inspirational quotes; they have a "wedding" for the letters Q & U so the kindergartners remember they always go together, they reward classes with a golden abacus for the one who does the best in math (an on-going competition) and many, MANY other ways of grabbing the kids' attentions. They also make it very easy for parents to be involved and do not shut them out in ANY way. I'm almost out of letters but know that your kids are CARED ABOUT here!!

Posted April 02, 2014
Arrowhead is by far the BEST school my kids have gone too! The principal is amazing, and so are the teachers! Mrs. Goss is wonderful, and so patient and loving with my son. Most teachers lack patients, compassion, and understanding with him, and he has moved mountains because of her! I was very proud when she won teacher of the year! Mrs. Davis is my daughters teacher, and she is amazing too! She is very caring, and goes above and beyond to help your child succeed! My daughter and I both love her! I wish my daughter could go here for just one more year, but she is moving onto middle school next year! Thank God my son has a few more years there! Arrowhead is the best school ever!

Posted September 11, 2013
I love this school! My daughter has gone to Arrowhead since she was in 2nd grade she's in 5th currently and before she came to arrowhead she was extremely shy since when she went to a Union school before called Roy Clark she was the only person who was from a German/European descent everyone else was Latina or Hispanic so she was very alone she had to switch to arrowhead for 2nd grade and I'm very glad she did she was already a very advanced before but when she went to arrowhead her first day she had already made 2 friends and was a top reader in her class she was also very advanced in math she already knew multiplication and division in 1st grade now she's in 5th grade and she's in safety patrol she got lucky when her art teacher allowed her on safety patrol it is a privilege

Posted August 24, 2011
This is a fantastic school! Nice and small - wayyyyyyyy better than Country Lane. Country Lane is terrible - Arrowhead is like a family. I have no idea what the earlier comments were about - as a former teacher I know some parents don't help at all at home. It's gotta be a team effort and you need to work with the teachers. If you have a seriously difficult child - you need to help them, it's not like they can work miracles. This is the greatest place ever, I was welcomed with open arms. The PTA is very involved and it's a fantastic school all over.

Arrowhead Elementary School 0

Posted January 23, 2010
I completely disagree with the last 2 statments, my son is autistic and went there for 4 years, they was wonderful with him, because of the teachers there he is able to read, which he was not before at other schools. I am very very pleased and grateful to the the teachers at arrowhead elementary.

Arrowhead Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2008

Posted December 19, 2007

Arrowhead Elementary School
915 West Norman Street, Broken Arrow, OK  74012
Last modified Arrowhead Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arrowhead Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top