Summit Christian Academy 4

Posted June 21, 2013
I've watched Summit Christian Academy grow over the past 12 years. They have weathered some growing pains and have established themselves as a great private school. The staff is highly competent and the leadership is stable and dedicated to the success of each student and faculty member. If you are looking for an alternative to public education, I recommend that you take the tour at SCA to learn more. It's a great place for children to learn and grow.

Posted June 18, 2013
My daughter just finished her first year at SCA as a Kindergartner. We have been very happy with our decision to send her to this school. They have a great program academically and start teaching reading skills at the start of the Kindergarten year (not all schools do). They continually challenge students who excel in different areas, as well as continually work with students who struggle in different areas. They teach moral/ethical Christian values that are often lost in our society today. I find it very refreshing that these values are taught and expected to be upheld. The teacher/child ratio is low, as it should be, allowing teachers to focus on each child. In addition to all the above they also offer several team sports options keeping the traditional school spirit alive. I will continue to recommend this school to everyone looking for a great educational experience for their children.

Posted January 09, 2012
I love this school. It is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Mostly. The teachers are amazing, and the academics are finally up to par. When I first came here I hated it, but they have raised the standards very high and it is very enjoyable now. I am a senior & when I graduate I will have been here for 3 years. I highly recommend this school for anyone who wants a safe but fun environment. Sports are very important here, but at least we're good haha.

Posted October 19, 2011
Awesome School. Summit has excellent teachers and very low discipline problems. Much different than our experience in public schools!!

Summit Christian Academy 3

Posted July 26, 2011
We have been at Summit for the past 4 years. I don't think you could find a more qualified group of teachers than those teaching in the Elementary dept. at Summit. They are the best!!, but when you move into 7th grade and up it is a different story. The quality of teachers goes down drastically. I don't know what it is, but I question their ability to teach. It was such a let down for us. We have decided to try it one more year and see what happens. For the money we spend, I think we should be getting A+ teachers. Come on Summit, don't lower your standard. I think we have a fairly good school, but we need some improvement in the upper grade teachers. You may want to visit with other parents as well because there are several more who have the same openion and have considered moving their children to another school. I would endorse the elementary school 110%. Everyone of those teachers are the absolute bomb!! As for the 7-12 grades, I would be very cautious.

Posted June 16, 2011
Summit Christian is a very good school with a great environment. They are on par with other schools academically, and they are rapidly improving and adding more advanced academic opportunities. Some comments on this site are emotional statements from disgruntled students / families. This school is not for everyone, but if you desire a good and safe learning environment, a good education taught from a biblical worldview by teachers who consider teaching their calling and ministry, and a standard of academic and spiritual excellence and accountability, Summit may be for you.

Summit Christian Academy 1

Posted April 04, 2011
I am a student at Summit Christian Academy and I am in the 8th grade. This school is probably the worst I have ever been too. The teacher's don't care about you or your grade in their class. They are only there for the money. I would never send my child to a school like this. I would much rather be in a public school, and I will be attending a public school next fall. Summit is very behind on all of the education, I am having to take multiple different classes just to be caught up with everyone else. I would NOT recommend this school to ANYONE. Trust me, if you do send your children there, you will regret it.

Posted July 26, 2010
I enrolled one of my kids at Summit just last year. I have had nothing but a great experience. I taught in public school in the past & know first hand what kids say and do to one another at a young age. From the first day I knew I had made the right decision with my son. The chapel services are wonderful, teachers are friendly, administrators are nice & the discipline is fair. My son made great friends and learned to read within the first 3 months of Kinderg. I have now enrolled my other son in Summit and can't wait to see what God has in store. I'm not sure what one of the former students was talking about in the earlier post. I DO know that they went through an administrative change about 5 years ago but with other parents I've spoken with, the school getsbetter every year!

Posted July 12, 2010
I have taught in public and private high schools and in colleges for the past 20 years. I joined the faculty at Summit last year, and I can't begin to describe how blessed I feel to be a part of this amazing school! The teachers and administrators are professional, dedicated people who want to provide our students with a quality education based on Biblical principals in a secure and loving atmosphere. My students are great kids who are respectful, cooperative and diligent. When I read the negative reviews posted a couple of years ago, all I could think was "Wow, things have really changed!" All 3 of my own children will be attending Summit this fall, and I have every confidence in the quality of their education. Summit is awesome!

Summit Christian Academy 0

Posted March 25, 2010
I graduated from Summit, which I had attended through all of high school. I am now enrolled in college, and I am quickly figuring out that the education I previously received was not adequate. I am having to play 'catch-up' in several subjects to be able to maintain acceptable grades. I am not a student that slacked off in high school, nor do I have a personal vendetta against the faculty. I just felt that it is necessary to warn parents who are searching for a school that highly regards academics that Summit is not that school. Varsity sports are put above all, and this is reflected in the enforcement of rules, as well as the school's budget. I did make many friends there, and have many good memories, I only wish I could have received a quality education that prepared me for the next step of my life.

Summit Christian Academy
200 East Broadway Avenue, Broken Arrow, OK  74012
(918) 251-1997
Last modified Summit Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Summit Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top