Bad
Good

Posted January 22, 2014
We have been with Oak Crest for two years in the Special Needs PreK. Last year we had Mrs. Dersham and this year we have Mrs. McCoy. I can not say enough good things about these teachers. Mrs. McCoy has great communication with her parents and is always available to discuss anything. We also love our para this year, Mrs. Henry. My son in non verbal and it is great to see him interacting and finding new ways to communicate and improving every day. The school is in a transition state this year with the old building being redone. Even with the chaos, our classroom has been very organized and inviting this year.

Posted August 21, 2013
Hard working staff and administration! Sometimes it seems like Oak Crest is on the back burner of BAPS priorities, but the staff power through the tough times and love the children they teach.

Oak Crest Elementary School 1

Posted July 19, 2013
i will start off by saying i have three children who have all attended oakcrest.my oldest who graduated this year started there in 3rd grade when our school closed.as the years have gone on our school has become horrible.we used to have incentives for the kids when they accomplished things(ie,dog tags lunch with the principal,pizza parties,etc)we had two carnivals a year,a talents show,and so on.now we have nothing but the two book fairs every year.we continue to lose great teachers and lost a wonderful vice principal this past year.i cannot say for sure why but i have heard rumors that it could be our principal causing the losses.i know form my experience she is very hands off.i would get a transfer but it is close to impossible to get one in broken arrow.hopefully the school board will take notice soon and get us some real leadership in office,

Posted August 25, 2011
On met your Teacher Day, I found the process very hectic and confusing with all the parents and children going to the media area or cafeteria to find the class assignments for students. In addition, you were handed forms to fill out in the area, this caused a backup of individuals, making for a very, very congested area. I feel that it would have been better for the parents to accompany their child to the assigned teacher (list posted on a window) to met and fill out forms. We are trying to feel good about the school and hope the organizational structure is better in the future. The size of the school is a positive and am in hopes that more one-on-one instruction will be available to students to prepare them for the school year ahead. Have not been able to find on BA's website the credentials/ratings of teachers, this would helpful to know how long a teacher has been teaching and if she/he is still energetic about education.

Posted July 11, 2010
I think Oak Crest is a great school. I had three children attend Oak Crest, one of which has Asperger's Syndrome. From Kindergarten through 2nd grade, while we lived in Broken Arrow, there were 4 teachers and a coach that stayed many times after school to assist my son and help ensure that he learned what he needed to learn to progress. None of them whined or complained; they were happy to do it. One dedicated teacher even took my son into her classroom during the summer program to help him stay on track and keep him from losing all that he had gained during the year. This is a great school with many teachers who genuinely care about their students, and want those students to succeed in life.

Oak Crest Elementary School 1

Posted December 07, 2009
This school has cry babies for teachers. The prinicipal and staff cares about numbers only not the students. I have found that through the years this school has not changed except maybe gotten worse. The teachers are so concerned about staying after school a few minutes to help a student- they dont want to add anytime to their daily schedules or their work load, but donate your time and money as a parent and please your money!! I just about fell out of my chair when the first day of meet the teacher the teacher gave a crummy opening talk then turned over to another specialty teacher,, hahaha,,, and all she could do is talk about numbers and give money and pta,,, give money , give money,,, they get money from what I pay in taxes and I wish they did not. I hate paying for something that is just worthless!

Posted August 03, 2009
Teachers work overtime and spend countless hours even during the summer to spend time at work shops and read educational articles to improve their performance and to help our children.

Posted July 27, 2007
Love the school and love the teachers!

Posted July 16, 2003
After having 3 children go through this school I can confidently say it is the greatest! Oak Crest teachers are caring, dedicated and professional. They are work to make school a positive experience and to instill a lifetime love of learning into the children. The positive, 'Can Do' attitude of the teachers and staff is both contagious and exciting. No wonder Oak Crest is the home of the 'Can Do Kids!'

Oak Crest Elementary School
405 East Richmond Street, Broken Arrow, OK  74012
Last modified Oak Crest Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.