Bad
Good

Sequoyah Middle School 1

Posted June 07, 2014
Im a former student of seqoyah middle school, and i hate it. The principal is fake, she acts happy, but if you get in trouble she is very mean. If some students in the same class get in trouble she blames the whole class and they ALL get the consequence. And the sixth grade science teacher is very mean also. They do not do anything about bullying at all. I do not recommend this school to anyone. But, some of the teachers are really nice and they actually care about their students.

Sequoyah Middle School 2

Posted February 27, 2012
I attended sequoyah middle school last year as an 8th grader. The principal was amazing, but the assistant principal was terrible. The asst principal was there 4 years previous to me an was my older sisters an brothers asst principal. My brother is a full blood Sioux Indian and she asked him to cut his hair because it was a "distraction" my parents strongly refused because it was it is his heritage. My sister on the other hand got suspended for sel defense because that claimed she posed a harm to the other student. Sequoyah is ghetto, they have bars on the windows in the cafeteria The one amazing thing about sequoyah is the band teacher. He was the reason I loved that school. He taught me so much and not only about music. He has helped shape my older siblings as well as me.

Sequoyah Middle School

Posted February 22, 2008
I am a 8th grader at sequoyah middle school. We have gotten a new principal every year since ive been there. We got a 4 minute passing period I mean our school isnt that big but really . I liked it in 6th grade. It has changed alot. We get detention for hugging thats stupid and we cant where big jackets b/c of we do they are afraid we will shoot up the school. 8Th grade is kind of fun. More freedom then in 6th and 7th grade. The teachers are caring and understanding. We are the smallest middle school. I mean I kind of like it but i dont know. And this school feels like a prison. I would not recommend this school to anyone. Thank god im going to south next year.

Sequoyah Middle School 4

Posted March 26, 2006
Ok, so I am a former student of SMS. I had not problems whatsoever, unless intentional or just by mistake. I loved the extra-curricular activities, and they have shaped me to be what I am today, FCS, DFY, Yearbook Staff, Etc. I love the teachers even those retired or even passed on. I am a student attending a very multi-racial school and have learned to get along with just about anybody. The principal and asst. principal are completely aware of the safety and neccessities of the school. I think that the parent invovement could step up a bit, but hey we are only human. I especially love the media center, great books and great students that help out. It's no wonder that I keep on returning after so many years!

Sequoyah Middle School 5

Posted November 05, 2005
Well I'm not a parent but I did attend sequoyah for three years ,and I now go to south. I dont think that our principal or vice principal lacked leadership skills. I also think the teachers were fantastic! as for 'safety and discipline' it was really great! the extracurricular activities were wonderful such as fcs and dfy those are some of my best memories, but back to the point I thought (and still think) it was a fantastic school!

Sequoyah Middle School 1

Posted February 08, 2005
In my opinion most of the teachers at this school are really great, caring about the student. The Band instructor is the best we have ever seen. In my opinion and experience the Principal and assistant Principal are not that great. From our experience they lack a lot of leadership skills and have very low communication skills. Our child was accused of drug use because of smelling sweaty,red eyed and tired after gym class, my child was even suspended for drug use even after two drug tests, their drug test and a private one his pediatrician ordered, came back negative! There was no apology to any of us and it is still on his record that he was using drugs on school property. My children now attend a different school system and have had no problems whatsoever.

Sequoyah Middle School
2701 South Elm Place, Broken Arrow, OK  74012
Last modified Sequoyah Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.