Haskell Middle School

Public | 6-8

Posted October 27, 2013

I absolutely loved Haskell it's where I met my best friends I went there in 6th grade but 2012-2013 was its last year before it close so I got redistricted to seaquoyah middle school instead if the brand new on taking haskes place I loved haskell so much I transferred because of the band teacher who is amazing and my best friends I am in 7th grade now. When they redistricted us every one from Haskell went to different schools like my best guy friend he goes to another middle school I really miss haskell but Oneta Ridge Middle School is pretty awesome it has almost all the same teachers as Haskell if you go to oneta ridge I hope you have mrs fort for art and you have mrs Hahn for science and mrs cottrell for band those are my favorite teachers!

Posted January 24, 2012

I attended school here many years ago and now my daughter does. I don't think there's a perfect school out there, either private, public or home school. That being said, I had a good experience there and most of the teachers were above par and many exceeded expectations. Like in any other work environment, you will always have those suffering from burnout, but it was at a minimum when I was there. My daughter is receiving an above average education by teachers who are skilled, caring, albeit overworked (no fault of their own).

Posted May 6, 2010

The Teachers & Staff is afraid of the students and let them go wild in the cafeteria. My child witness a student pushing a teacher against a wall. And teachers give up on unruly kids in the class room by telling them to shut their books and they do not do any work for the day. I will be transferring my child to another school next year!

Posted March 2, 2010

i personally went here but due to problems i encountered from teachers and students this A+ kid went to a high C to B- kid and i've never recieved a grade on anything below a B. the problems were: a teacher was using what may have been their sense of humor to i felt- make fun of me on the first day of school when i'd already had a stressful morning. my mom couldnt find a school materials list so she sent me with a pack of paper a spiral and a pack of pencils but how was i supposed to know to bring them? in elementary school you grab suppplies out of your 'cubby' but throughout the year i became depressed because of things happening at the school and it was so bad i had to transfer. it was just a personal experience but some have had a great time/
—Submitted by a student

Posted November 20, 2009

Haskell Middle School is a great school. I know this is true because I am a certified substitute and sub at all 5 middle schools in the BA district. The principals, the teachers (many have been there a long time) and the staff are great. The school provides a variety of opportunities in and out of the classroom to help the students learn .When I substitute teacher I work hard to keep my class on task, organized and safe. If a problem arises in which I need assistance I know it will quickly be available. Haskell is a school where students have structure and are safe so they can focus on learning. Haskell also has an excellent special education program. The teachers are caring and work hard to help each student learn.

Posted September 17, 2009

I have had three children got through Haskell. The staff is truly concerned with helping the kids potential.

Posted March 26, 2009

Principal teachers & counslers show favoritism to students half of the teachers do not like being questioned by parents

Posted February 26, 2008

the teachers seem to be very caring the drama teacher is outstanding. The princpal is worthless. The PTA has a lot of work to do to get any credabilty back in my eyes they can't be trusted. The sad thing is this is the Leadership of the students and staff at this school.

Posted February 25, 2008

I love this school it has been the best school my daughter has ever attended!

Posted October 21, 2007

My children attend Haskell Middle School and it has been a good experience for them. The teachers and principal have been great in communicating and in having an 'open door' policy. The PTA is also very active and helpful to new parents.

Posted July 29, 2006

Haskell is a great middle school. Students are not allow to be in the building before 7:50 and after 2:45 because there is not teachers on duty to make sure the students are safe. And all students must be kept safe at school as possible.

Posted June 28, 2006

Haskell is an awesome school!! Because I am a student, I know. The teachers and parents are really involved and are always willing to help you. Haskell also has excellent extra-curricular activities. This school is AWESOME!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 21, 2006

I am a teacher in BA and I chose to transfer my children to Haskell because the teachers are strict and expect a lot from the students. This is a good thing! Several of the previous complaints were about things that are explained in the handbook that the parents should read. Some of the other things are school board policy and so they are enforced, like the dress code. If parents have concerns they need to get involved in the decision making process instead of just complaining. Both of my children benefitted greatly by being at Haskell and they have both said so. Thanks Haskell.

Posted December 11, 2005

I'm a former teacher from Haskell Middle School but am now teaching at a university in Texas. I have to say that the teacher and administrators are second to none. The school principal is a great leader and is always encouraging teachers to collaborate to improve instructional quality. He was 100% supportive with any needs, which lead to high morale. He helped me grow as a teacher and positively impacted every student I had. I think Haskell is an EXCELLENT school. In fact, I describe several of the programs to the preservice teachers I am now training as 'model programs.' Parents will not find more dedicated teachers and administrators anywhere.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted February 19, 2005

I think that Haskell is way to strict on the dress code policy this year. The children can not wear holes in their pants, and I think that is way out of hand. My daughter has been to SAC 4 times this year because of her holes, and they are not even letting her call home so I can bring her some different jeans. She also gets in trouble by one teacher everyday because her 'mid-drift' is showing, and she tells me it never is because when we buy shirts, we make sure they dont show her stomach. That is gettin way to out of hand!

Posted September 3, 2004

Haskell has many excellent teachers providing a quality education to students that want to learn. My child has complained about being rushed out of the school by faculty and staff at the end of the school day; also about being threatened with detention for being at his locker earlier than 10 minutes before 1st hour in the morning. I have complaints about the requirement to wait in a long line of cars every day on 81st St.(with engine running more than 15 min.) in order to pick up my student at the required location behind the school (one at a time from the curb). This is not only dangerous for those in cars on a 2-way street, but is also time consuming and wasting gasoline! Also, school sports should start in 6th grade, not 8th. Other than these problems, my student likes Haskell and values the education received there.

Posted July 27, 2004

Haskell has some really good teachers and programs. Some of the teachers really expect a lot out of you and it isn't always easy but it makes a diffrence later. And there are lots of electives you can take to see if you want to take more of that type of class later. One thing I wish is that they offered another language besides Spanish so you would have a choice.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted September 9, 2003

Haskell provides an excellent opportunity for children to receive a quality education. The teachers and staff are professional and caring.

Posted July 22, 2003

Haskell Middle School is too strict! They think that your children will go on a rampage on the last day of school!
—Submitted by a former student

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 73% in 2012.

216 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % satisfactory or better

In 2011-2012 Oklahoma used the Oklahoma Core Curriculum Tests (OCCT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math, grades 5 and 8 in science and writing, grade 5 in social studies, grade 7 in geography, and grade 8 in U.S. history and government. The OCCT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Oklahoma. The goal is for all students to score at or above the satisfactory level on the test.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2012.

234 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2012.

239 students were tested at this school in 2012.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 89% in 2012.

240 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2012.

227 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2012.

225 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 90% in 2012.

U.S. History and Government

The state average for U.S. History and Government was 77% in 2012.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 95% in 2012.

220 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 49%N/A61%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

412 South 9th St