Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

One afternoon I was picking my daughter up after school, and I noticed she was gimping towards my car and right away I knew something was wrong. I asked her if she was feeling alright and she said she was ill and her teacher refused to let her see the nurse. I took her to the urgent care because she was running a fever and gimping, and come to find out she had contracted strep throat and a rare virus that attacks the kidneys. I am very disappointed how poorly her teacher handled this situation. When parent teacher conferences came around I was standing outside her room and she acted like I wasn't even there. She took another parent in and said, "Well the other parent that was supposed to be here didn't show up" Poor excuse for an educator. I know there are great teachers at Highland Park, but this year my daughter did not get one.

My son attend K here after a wonderful PreK experience at Park Lane. This school was atrocious and we ended up pulling him halfway through the year. It was far too overcrowded and the faculty is clearly overstretched, There are also several very major safety concerns I had at this school.

My daughter is entering 1st grade this year. After exceptional instruction in Pre-K and Kindergarten, we are really looking forward to another great year. Everyone seems to put the kids first, and I love the community of parents and nearby businesses who support the school. We are fortunate to have such amazing educational opportunities and support in a public facility. Thank you Park Lane.

This school is wonderful. We transfered from Peter's and Park Lane is the best! The teachers are great and provide a perfect learning environment.

The best elementary school ever. Park Lane has given our children the most excellent environment conductive for learning. The teachers and support staff are great.

This school has no diversity at all. I know it's probably only due to where it is located but still. I took my child out of Parklane because it was detrimental to her self esteem and self confidence which in turn hampered her learning. I saw cliques starting in kindergarten. Every other day she would come home telling me, ' so and so didn't want to be my friend today', how rude is this. The kids are just not nice.

This is an excellent school with outstanding teachers! The principal has worked HARD to create an atmosphere that is top notch! The PTA is great and willing to do anything for the school. No one can complain about the communication. Parents recieve weekly e-mail updates, monthly newsletters and teacher newsletters. Parents can go on edline to see their childs grades and the principal also communicates via the phone! It's a great place!!!

Love Park Lane!! My kids are so happy at Park Lane. Everyone is so friendly and the principal will do anything to help you!! The tests scores are great and WOW to the PTA! You will LOVE Park Lane if you are looking for a kid friendly school where teachers want to work hard!

I am the person who posted a negative comment on March 4th. Having been at the school now for four years I can say that there have been some major improvements. There has been a lot of turnover at the school, but I believe for the better. Our test scores have improved, teachers & faculty are happier. My children are very happy at PL. I am surprised at anyone who ranks PL low on extra-curricular activities. No other school has more fun nights, skate nights, carnivals than PL. It's actually hard to fit it all in. The only thing that I can think of is that you are not participating. If you want your child to have a good experience anywhere you have to be involved. I am pleased to change my comment about PL. I still dislike the pre-fab buildings, but overall I think Pl is a great school.

The curriculum is adequate but comunication is terrible. Had several issues with gettign in contact w/ teachers and the principal when there were issues at the school. I also talked to several other parents and they had similar situations.

Last modified Highland Park Elementary is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.